An Adaptive Step-Size Prediction Joint OMP Algorithm for Beam Tracking in Millimeter Wave Systems
For the millimeter wave (mmWave) time-varying system, beamforming poses a formidable challenge for huge power overhead. In this paper, an adaptive step-size prediction joint orthogonal matching pursuit (OMP) algorithm (ASP-OMP), is proposed for beam tracking. With the direction of arrival (DOA) information obtained by OMP algorithm, kalman filter is used to predict the beamforming vector during N time slots to avoid huge sampling loss. In addition, we propose to determine the prediction step-size with outlier identification and eliminate the beam tracking error through data fusion based on Bayesian estimation. The simulation results demonstrate that the proposed algorithm can converge quickly and have a good performance for mmWave beam tracking.
KeywordsMillimeter wave time-varying system OMP algorithm Beam tracking Outlier identification Bayesian estimation
This work was supported by the State Major Science and Technique Project (MJ-2014-S-37), National Natural Science Foundation of China (61201134) and 111 Project (B08038).
- 2.Pu, W., Li, X., Lin, Y., et al.: Low complexity hybrid beamforming based on orthogonal constraint and phase extraction. In: Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC), pp. 1–5 (2017)Google Scholar
- 3.Yaman, Y., Spasojevic, P.: Reducing the LOS ray beamforming setup time for IEEE 802.11 ad and IEEE 802.15. 3c. In: Military Communications Conference (MILCOM) (2016)Google Scholar
- 4.Han, Y., Lee, J.: Asymmetric channel estimation for multi-user millimeter wave communications. In: International Conference on Information and Communication Technology Convergence (ICTC), pp. 4–6 (2016)Google Scholar
- 6.Wang, Y., Shi, Z., Zeng, K., et al.: Two layers of beam alignment for millimeter-wave communications. In: 2016 Third International Conference on Digital Information Processing, Data Mining, and Wireless Communications (DIPDMWC), pp. 262–267 (2016)Google Scholar
- 8.Gao, K., Cai, M., Nie, D., et al.: Beampattern-based tracking for millimeter wave communication systems. In: Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM), pp. 1–6 (2016)Google Scholar
- 9.Thejaswi, P.S.C., Bynam, K., Nair, J.P., et al.: Low-complexity direction estimation techniques for fast beamforming training in millimeter wave multiantenna systems. In: IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), pp. 1–6 (2016)Google Scholar