LUT-Based Efficient Impulse Shaping for Direct Synthesizing Digital Communication Signals at Arbitrary Symbol Rate
In this paper, we present a LUT-based efficient impulse shaping for direct synthesis of digital communication signal at arbitrary symbol rate. Compared with general approaches where sampling clock changes according to the symbol rate thus signal quality degrade as result of a complex analog hardware structure, or involving a fractional interpolation which consumes considerable computational resource, this new approach allows FPGA to synthesis variable high data rata signal with high quality directly at a fixed sampling rate which simplify the hardware structure and saves computational resource consumption. With some little modifications, the presented scheme could be easily adapted to 8PSK, 16QAM and other arbitrary amplitude-phase-modulation constellations. A hardware prototype has been built to verify the presented algorithms. In particular, we have achieved 4.8 Gsps parallel impulse shaping which supports input symbol rate ranging from 100 Ksps to 600 Msps.
KeywordsLUT-based Impulse shaping Direct synthesis Variable symbol rate
This work is supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China under contract No. 61471360.
- 1.KeySight Technologies: Agilent E8267D PSG User Manual (2012)Google Scholar
- 2.ZODIAC AEROSPACE, Cortex HDR XXL-High Data Rate Receiver User Manual (2016)Google Scholar
- 3.Peiqing, C.: Digital Signal Processing Tutorial. Tsinghua University Press, Beijing (2007). pp. 182–188Google Scholar
- 4.Gongli, Z.: All Digital Receivers Theory and Techniques. Science Press, Beijing (2005). pp. 86–106Google Scholar
- 5.Tseng, B.D.: Directly realization of the structure for FIR and IIR filters. In: 23th Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems and Computers, pp. 233–235 (1989)Google Scholar
- 6.Xiao, Z., Su, L., et al.: Fractional sampling rate transformation for wideband all digital receivers. Tsinghua Univ. (Sci. Tech.) 50(10), 1643–1645 (2010)Google Scholar
- 7.Yang, J., Cui, S., Liu, C.: A joint implementation for bit synchronization and filtering in high-speed digital receivers, CN101789858A (2010)Google Scholar
- 8.Li, K.: Design and implementation of a variable data rate signal generator. In: The Eleventh Satellite Communication Conference (2015)Google Scholar
- 10.Mckinley, M.D., Remley, K.A., Myslinski, M., et al.: EVM calculation for broadband modulated signals, pp. 45–52 (2004)Google Scholar