Whereas doping and match-fixing scandals dominate sports broadcasting, and scandals in international sport organisations like FIFA and the IOC are the subject of articles in both yellow press and quality newspapers, very little discussion on multiple club ownerships is going on. And even in academia only a very few publications dealing with the topic can be found. Exceptions are, e.g. represented by Weiler (Mehrfachbeteiligungen an Sportkapitalgesellschaften, 2006) using a judicial setting to discuss potential disadvantages or threats of multi-club ownership situations, Lammert et al. (Sport und Gesellschaft, 6(3): 202–233, 2009) analyse standing orders in German professional football, and Breuer and Kaiser (Critical issues in global sport management. London and New York, S. 64–76, 2017) focus attention on multi-club ownerships as one of several categories of manipulation in professional sports.
- Bloomberg. (2017). NFL Teams Split Record $7.8 Billion in 2016, Up 10 Percent (Published July 12, 2017). Available at https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-07-12/nfl-teams-split-record-7-8-billion-in-2016-up-10-percent, October 6, 2017.
- Breuer, M., & Kaiser, S. (2017). Match Fixing and Manipulation in Sport. In N. Schulenkorf & S. Frawley (Eds.), Critical Issues in Global Sport Management (S. 64–76). London and New York: Routledge.Google Scholar
- Cherpillog, I., & de Dios Crespo Perez, J. (2010). Club Ownership. In A. Wild (Ed.), CAS and Football: Landmark Cases (pp. 11–39). Berlin and Heidelberg: Springer.Google Scholar
- Grow, N. (2006). There’s No “I” in “League”: Professional Sports Leagues and the Single Entity Defense. Michigan Law Review, 105(1), 183–208.Google Scholar
- Kicker. (2011). 50+1-Regel bleibt, “Lex Leverkusen” nicht (Published August 30, 2011). Available at http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bundesliga/startseite/557196/artikel_502b1-regel-bleibt-lex-leverkusen-nicht.html, October 6, 2017.
- KPMG. (2017). Multi-club Ownership: A Diversified Portfolio Strategy (Published on April 21, 2017). Available at https://www.footballbenchmark.com/multi_club_ownership, October 6, 2017.
- Lammert, J., Hovemann, G., Wieschemann, C., & Richter, F. (2009). The Tension Between Financial Interests and Prevention of a Controlling Influence in German Professional Football—Needs and Recommendations for a Modification of the Existing Regulation. Sport und Gesellschaft, 6(3), 202–233.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- McChesney, B. (1999). Professional Sports Leagues and the Single Entity Defense. Sports Law Journal, 6, 125.Google Scholar
- Sloane, Peter, J. (2006). Rottenberg and the Economics of Sport After 50 Years: An Evaluation. IZA DP No. 2175, June 2006.Google Scholar
- Spiegel. (1997). Eine wahre Goldgrube, Issue 43/1997, pp. 165–166.Google Scholar
- The Guardian. (2017). Manchester City’s Parent Company Seals Deal for Major Stake in Girona (Published on August 23, 2017). Available at https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/aug/23/manchester-city-buy-girona-spanish-club, October 6, 2017.
- UEFA. (2014). UEFA Statutes. Rules of Procedure of the UEFA Congress Regulations Governing the Implementation of the UEFA Statutes (Edition 2014). Nyon.Google Scholar
- UEFA. (2017). Regulations of the UEFA Europa League 2015–18 Cycle 2017/18 Season. Nyon.Google Scholar
- Weiler, S. (2006). Mehrfachbeteiligungen an Sportkapitalgesellschaften. Tübingen.Google Scholar