Operational Modal Analysis on Wind Turbine Hub
In this paper we present a dataset for Operational Modal Analysis (OMA) on a Vestas V112 wind turbine hub and illustrate how reliable Automatic OMA (AOMA) can be done on this structure. The chosen AOMA algorithm is called the Smallest Sphere Algorithm (SSA), and is based on the sliding filter stability diagram recently introduced by Olsen et al. We show how the SSA is able to identify all modes of the hub dataset reliable, including many closely spaced modes. The algorithm also successfully identifies two triple modes automatically. We show how a set of manually identified mode shapes compares to the Finite Element (FE) model. In this context it is discussed how the phenomenon of closely spaced modes is handled by rotating the identified modes into a basis defined by the FE model. A method for mode shape merging for multi setup testing is discussed.
This contribution is partly based upon work done in the INNOMILL project supported by the Innovation Fund Denmark, contract number 54-2014-3.
- 1.Brincker, R., Ventura, C.: Introduction to Operational Modal Analysis. Wiley (2015). ISBN:9781118535158Google Scholar
- 2.Juul, M., Kovacs, E., Brincker, R., Balling, O.: OMA identification of a wind turbine rotor hub for monitoring purpose. In: International Conference on Noise and Vibration Engineering, ISMA (2016)Google Scholar
- 3.Olsen, P., Juul, M., Tarpø, M., Brincker, R.: Stabilization diagrams using operational modal analysis and sliding filters. In: 7th International Operational Modal Analysis Conference (IOMAC) (2017)Google Scholar
- 4.Allemang, R.J., Brown, D.L.: A correlation coefficient for modal vector analysis. In: Proceedings of the 1st International Modal Analysis Conference (IMAC), vol. 1, pp. 110–116. SEM, Orlando (1982)Google Scholar
- 5.Structural Vibration Solutions A/S (SVS): Artemis modal 4.0 (2015). http://www.svibs.com/
- 6.Juul, M., Ringgaard, K., Balling, O., Brincker, R.: Closely spaced modes in multi setup operational modal analysis. Manuscript submitted for publication (2017)Google Scholar