Accessing Government Open Data Through Chatbots
- 1.6k Downloads
In this paper, we propose to employ chatbots as an interface for open data published by organizations, specifically focusing on public administrations. Open data are especially useful in e-Government initiatives but their exploitation is currently hampered to end users by the lack of user-friendly access methods. On the other hand, current UX in social networks have made people used to chatting. Building on cognitive technologies, we prototyped a chatbot on top of the OpenCantieri dataset published by the Italian Ministero delle Infrastrutture e Trasporti, and we argue that such a model can be extended as a generally available access method to open data.
- 1.Abdul-Kader, S.A., Woods, J.: Survey on chatbot design techniques in speech conversation systems. Int. J. Adv. Comput. Sci. Appl. 6(7), 72–80 (2015). https://thesai.org/Downloads/Volume6No7/Paper_12-Survey_on_Chatbot_Design_Techniques_in_Speech_Conversation_Systems.pdf Google Scholar
- 2.Yang, Y.P.: An innovative distributed speech recognition platform for portable personalized and humanized wireless devices. Comput. Linguist. Chin. Lang. Process. 9(2), 77–94 (2004)Google Scholar
- 4.Pichponreay, L., Choi, C.H., Cho, W.S., Kim, J.H., Lee, K.H.: Smart answering chatbot based on OCR and overgenerating transformations and ranking. In: Proceedings of ICUFN 2016. IEEE (2016). https://doi.org/10.1109/ICUFN.2016.7536948
- 5.Heilman, M., Smith, N.A.: Question generation via overgenerating transformations and ranking. Language Technologies Institute, Carnegie Mellon University, Technical report CMU-LTI-09-013 (2009). http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~ark/mheilman/questions/papers/heilman-smith-qg-tech-report.pdf
- 6.Al-Zubaide, H., Issa, A.A.: OntBot: Ontology based ChatBot. In: Proceedings of ISIICT 2011. IEEE (2011). https://doi.org/10.1109/ISIICT.2011.6149594