Accessing Government Open Data Through Chatbots
In this paper, we propose to employ chatbots as an interface for open data published by organizations, specifically focusing on public administrations. Open data are especially useful in e-Government initiatives but their exploitation is currently hampered to end users by the lack of user-friendly access methods. On the other hand, current UX in social networks have made people used to chatting. Building on cognitive technologies, we prototyped a chatbot on top of the OpenCantieri dataset published by the Italian Ministero delle Infrastrutture e Trasporti, and we argue that such a model can be extended as a generally available access method to open data.
- 1.Abdul-Kader, S.A., Woods, J.: Survey on chatbot design techniques in speech conversation systems. Int. J. Adv. Comput. Sci. Appl. 6(7), 72–80 (2015). https://thesai.org/Downloads/Volume6No7/Paper_12-Survey_on_Chatbot_Design_Techniques_in_Speech_Conversation_Systems.pdf Google Scholar
- 2.Yang, Y.P.: An innovative distributed speech recognition platform for portable personalized and humanized wireless devices. Comput. Linguist. Chin. Lang. Process. 9(2), 77–94 (2004)Google Scholar
- 4.Pichponreay, L., Choi, C.H., Cho, W.S., Kim, J.H., Lee, K.H.: Smart answering chatbot based on OCR and overgenerating transformations and ranking. In: Proceedings of ICUFN 2016. IEEE (2016). https://doi.org/10.1109/ICUFN.2016.7536948
- 5.Heilman, M., Smith, N.A.: Question generation via overgenerating transformations and ranking. Language Technologies Institute, Carnegie Mellon University, Technical report CMU-LTI-09-013 (2009). http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~ark/mheilman/questions/papers/heilman-smith-qg-tech-report.pdf
- 6.Al-Zubaide, H., Issa, A.A.: OntBot: Ontology based ChatBot. In: Proceedings of ISIICT 2011. IEEE (2011). https://doi.org/10.1109/ISIICT.2011.6149594