Exploring Outsourcing, Governance, and Discourse
- 644 Downloads
The focus of this book is the governance of information technology (IT) outsourcing arrangements. In the next section we look at how modern IT outsourcing and its discourse have developed across the 1989–2019 period. The normative outsourcing discourse that has evolved with outsourcing’s rise to prominence and globalism has generated a range of normative concepts, accepted ‘best practices’, and perennial and changing concerns, for which we provide an introduction here.
- Aubert, B., & Weber, R. (2001). Transaction Cost Theory, the Resource Based View, and Information Technology Sourcing Decisions: A Re-Examination of Lacity et al.’s Findings. Working paper, ISSN 0832-7203.Google Scholar
- Cullen, S., Lacity, M., & Willcocks, L. (2014). Outsourcing – All You Need to Know. Melbourne: White Plume.Google Scholar
- Davies, J., & Mitchell, G. (1994). The Dual Nature of the Impact of IT on Organizational Transformations. In R. Baskerville, S. Smithson, O. Ngwenyama, & J. DeGross (Eds.), Transforming Organizations with Information Technology. Amsterdam: North Holland.Google Scholar
- Equaterra. (2010). Governance Best Practice Masterclass. Retrieved June 2010, from http://www.equaterra.com/_filelib/filecabinet/newsletters/equaterra_masterclass_-_optimising_outsourcing_governance_-_june_2010.pdf.
- Foucault, M. (1972). Archaeology of Knowledge. New York: Pantheon.Google Scholar
- Foucault, M. (1977). Discipline and Punish. New York: Pantheon.Google Scholar
- Foucault, M. (1980a). Power/Knowledge: Selected Interviews and Other Writings, 1972–1977. New York: Pantheon.Google Scholar
- Foucault, M. (1980b). Two Lectures. In C. Gordon (Ed.), Power/Knowledge: Selected Interviews. New York: Pantheon.Google Scholar
- Foucault, M. (2003). Society Must Be Defended. New York: Picador.Google Scholar
- IAOP. (2008). The 2008 IAOP Governance Forum. Retrieved May 2008, from http://www.outsourcingprofessional.org/content/23/154/1607/.
- Lacity, M., & Willcocks, L. (2015). Nine Keys to World Class Business Process Outsourcing. London: Bloomsbury.Google Scholar
- Lacity, M., & Willcocks, L. (2018). Robotic Process and Cognitive Automation: The Next Phase. Stratford: SB Publishing.Google Scholar
- Mercer. (2010). Global Governance Survey 2009/2010: Highlights. Retrieved June 2013, from http://uk.mercer.com/summary.htm?siteLanguage=1008&idContent=1378055.
- Snowden, J., & Fersht, P. (2016). The HFS Market Index IT Services and BPO Market Size and Forecast, 2016–2020. Boston: HFS Research.Google Scholar
- Veyne, P. (2010). Foucault – His Thought, His Character. Cambridge: Polity.Google Scholar
- Willcocks, L., & Lacity, M. (Eds.). (2014). The Economics of Outsourcing. London: Edward Elgar.Google Scholar
- Willcocks, L., & Lacity, M. (2016). Service Automation, Robots and the Future of Work. Stratford: SB Publishing.Google Scholar
- Willcocks, L., Venters, W., & Whitley, E. (2015). Moving to the Cloud Corporation. London: Palgrave.Google Scholar
- Willcocks, L., Lacity, M., & Sauer, C. (Eds.). (2017). Outsourcing and Offshoring Business Services. Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan.Google Scholar
- Willcocks, L., Oshri, I., & Kotlarsky, J. (Eds.). (2018). Dynamic Innovation in Outsourcing. London: Palgrave Macmillan.Google Scholar