An Attribute Based Encryption Middleware with Rank Revocation for Mobile Cloud Storage
The Attribute Based Encryption (ABE) algorithm can be used to realize fine grained access control for the mobile cloud storage. In ABE, the decryption algorithm has high complexity and the rank revocation is difficult to be implemented. An ABE middleware with rank revocation is given in this paper. The ABE middleware delegate the ABE decryption operation for the resource constrained mobile device. The attribute authority can revoke the user’s rank through this middleware instantly with fine-grained control and the revocation process may not affect any other users. The ABE middleware is implemented and experiment results show that the ABE middleware improves ABE decryption performance about 30 times.
KeywordsAttribute based encryption Mobile cloud storage Middleware Rank revocation
This work was partly supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (61661015), Ministry of Education Key Lab of Cognitive Radio and Information Processing Found (CRKL160101), Guangxi Collaborative Innovation Center of Cloud Computing and Big Data Found (YD16801), Guangxi Scientific and technological plan (1598008-28), High Level of Innovation Team of Colleges and Universities in Guangxi Outstanding Scholars Program Funding, and GUET Cloud Security and Cloud Service Innovation Group Project.
- 1.The 34th accounting reports of the development situation of China Internet. China Internet, vol. 7 (2014) Google Scholar
- 5.Bethencourt, J., Sahai, A., Waters, B.: Ciphertext-policy attribute-based encryption, pp. 321–334 (2007) Google Scholar
- 6.Waters, B.: Ciphertext-policy attribute-based encryption: an expressive, efficient, and provably secure realization. In: Catalano, D., Fazio, N., Gennaro, R., Nicolosi, A. (eds.) PKC 2011. LNCS, vol. 6571, pp. 53–70. Springer, Heidelberg (2011). https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-19379-8_4 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 9.Pirretti, M., Traynor, P., Mcdaniel, P., et al.: Secure attribute-based systems, pp. 99–112 (2006) Google Scholar
- 14.Li, Y., Zeng, Z.Y., Zhang, X.F.: Outsourced decryption scheme supporting attribute revocation. J. Tsinghua Univ. (Sci. Technol.) 12, 1664–1669 (2013)Google Scholar