Introduction to Part IV: People-Based Systems Analysis of Health, Education and Institutions
People are the agents of change and people are empowered to improve their own lives and those of others primarily through education and health.
KeywordsPeople-based systems People-based approaches World population growth Human wellbeing Institutional improvement Education Health
- Abel, G., Barakat, B., KC, S., & Lutz, W. (2016). Meeting the sustainable development goals leads to lower world population growth. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS) 113(50), 14294–14299. Available from: http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2016/11/28/1611386113.
- Ledwaba, J., & Wotela, K. (2018). Evaluating Outcomes of the Antiretroviral Intervention in South Africa: A Systems Thinking Research Framework. In P. Mensah, S. Hachigonta, D. Katerere and A. Roodt (Eds.), Systems Analysis Approach for Complex Global Challenges. Heidelberg: Springer. Forthcoming 2018.Google Scholar
- Lutz, W., & Shah, M. (2002). Population should be on the Johannesburg agenda (letter to the editor). Nature 418, 17 (4 July 2002). Other signatories are: R. E. Bilsborrow, J. Bongaarts, P. DasGupta, B. Entwisle, G. Fischer, B. Garcia, D. J. Hogan, A. Jernelov, Z. Jiang, R. W. Kates, S. Lall, F. L. MacKellar, P. K. Makinwa-Adebusoye, A. J. McMichael, V. Mishra, N. Myers, N. Nakicenovic, S. Nilsson, B. C. O’Neill, X. Peng, H. B. Presser, N. Sadik, W. C. Sanderson, G. Sen, M. F. Strong, B. Torrey, D. van de Kaa, H. J. A. van Ginkel, B. Yeoh, H. Zurayk.Google Scholar
- Nikodem, C., & Silaigwana, B. (2018). Integrating indigenous knowledge into maternal and child health programs in Southern Africa. In P. Mensah, S. Hachigonta, D. Katerere and A. Roodt (ed), Systems Analysis Approach for Complex Global Challenges. Heidelberg: Springer. Forthcoming 2018.Google Scholar
- Shoko, M. (2018). New approaches to measuring ageing in South Africa. In P. Mensah, S. Hachigonta, D. Katerere and A. Roodt (Eds.), Systems Analysis Approach for Complex Global Challenges. Heidelberg: Springer. Forthcoming 2018.Google Scholar
© Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2018