CHIVA: Surgical Tips and Tricks
In the CHIVA context, the most important step is the analysis of the preoperative haemodynamics, followed by the decision which strategic, surgical steps to apply. These surgical steps have to be performed in a cautious way, to avoid lesion of vessels that should stay intact. This differentiates the surgical gesture in CHIVA from the ablative strategies. Technical errors are immediately noted with persistent or recurrent varicose veins. In this chapter, the performance of the crossotomy is explained, as well as the interruption of a CHIVA 2 point. Devalvulation is explained, as well as the application to endoluminal techniques to the CHIVA strategy.
- 1.Mendoza E. Handbuch CHIVA. Arrien GmbH; 2002.Google Scholar
- 4.Cappelli M, Molino-Lova R, Giangrandi I, Ermini S, Gianesini S. Ligation of the saphenofemoral junction tributaries as risk factor for groin recurrence. J Vasc Surg Venous Lymphat Disord. 2017 Dec 28. pii: S2213-333X(17)30436-5. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvsv.2017.09.005.
- 5.Delfrate R, Bricchi M, Franceschi C, Goldoni M. Multiple ligation of the proximal greater saphenous vein in the CHIVA treatment of primary varicose veins. Veins Lymphat. 2014. https://doi.org/10.4081/vl.2014.1919.
- 10.Tessari L. Nouvelle technique d’obtention de la scléromousse. Phlébologie. 2000;53:129.Google Scholar
- 11.Monfreux A. Quelle mousse pour quelles indications? Phlebologie 2013; 66(3):11–18.Google Scholar