CSR Communication on Social Networks
Marketing communication is one of the most important tools through which a company communicates with its customers. This instrument has been significantly influenced by globalization, leading to business innovations in the communication process. A number of studies on social responsibility indicate the growing importance of the Internet as part of an integrated communications strategy for corporate social responsibility (CSR). This chapter provides an overview of CSR communication with stakeholders through social networks and the possibilities of using online platforms for the promotion of CSR activities. It also includes a marketing survey on the issue of online tools, showing that social networks are useful for CSR communications with stakeholders. The survey was conducted between October and December 2016 with a sample of 391 customers and 434 companies. The methods used in this chapter include deduction, induction, analysis, and marketing research based on documentation, marketing and CSR communications, and journal articles.
KeywordsCSR communication Social networks CSR communication on social networks Marketing survey
This chapter was supported by a scientific grant from Vega (n. 1/0024/15).
- Cervinschi, C. L., & Butucea, D. (2010). Integration of web technologies in software applications. Is web 2.0 a solution? In: Database Systems Journal, vol 1. http://www.dbjournal.ro/archive/2/5_Cervinschi_Butucea.pdf. Accessed 15 Feb 2017.
- Corejova, T., & Rostasova, M. (2014, June). Ethical aspects of online advertising in the Slovak Republic. In: VII. World congress on communication and arts (pp. 215–224) Salvador.Google Scholar
- Čorejová, T., & Weick, L. (2009, October). B2B Market Research in the context of regional disparities. In: 3rd Central European Conference in Regional Science, (p. 160–167) Kosice.Google Scholar
- Fitzpatrick, W.-J. (2013). The Ages and Stages of CSR. http://www.honeycomb-co.com/the-ages-and-stages-of-csr/. Accessed 02 March 2017.
- Kotler, P., & Lee, N. (2005). Corporate social responsibility. USA: Wiley.Google Scholar
- Kuldova, L. (2012). Společenská odpovědnost firem: etické podnikání a sociální odpovědnost v praxi. Kanina: OPS.Google Scholar
- Kumar, A. (2014). Digital influence – Social media as an enabler of CSR communication https://www.linkedin.com/today/post/article/20140806074728-243816305-digital-influence-social-media-as-an-enabler-of-csr-communication. Accessed 08 March 2017.
- Majerova, J. (2015, October). E-marketing as a promising part of the concept of CSR and its specific features of pricing policy in a global context. In: 15th International scientific conference on globalization and its socio-economic consequences (pp. 393–399) EDIS: Žilinská univerzita, Rajecke Teplice, Slovakia.Google Scholar
- Majerova, J., & Zvarikova, K. (2013, November). Social networks and their place in the process of brand building and management. In: Cyril, S.S & Methodius International scientific Conference on Marketing Identity, University (pp. 71–88) Smolenice, Marketing Identity .Google Scholar
- Majerova, J., & Zvaríkova, K. (2014, October). New trends In marketing communication of car brands – results of a survey of consumer’s perception in Slovak Republic. In: 18th International Conference on Transport Means, Kaunas. Transport Means – Proceedings of the International Conference Kaunas University (pp. 145–148). Lithuana.Google Scholar
- Moxley, A. (2014). Corporate Social Responsibility for the Digital Age http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/adrian-moxley/corporate-social-responsibility_b_4567034. Accessed 16 March 2017.
- Mura, L., & Sleziak, J., (2015). Innovation and entrepreneurship network. In: 5 th CERS Central European Conference in Regional Science (p. 643–651).Google Scholar
- Mussova, Z. (2016). Spoločenská zodpovednosť v marektingových aktivitách podnikov. In: Ekonomicko-manažérske spectrum (6):12–23.Google Scholar
- Nielsen, A. C. (2016). Global Faces and Networking Places: Nielsen Report on Social Networking's New Global Fotoprint. http://www.gt.nielsen.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en/reportsdownloads/Global%20Faces%20and%20Networked%20PlacesA%20Nielsen%20Report%20on%20Social%20Networkings%20New%20Global%20Footprint.pdf. Accessed 15 March 2017.
- Svec M, Olsovská A, Mura L (2015, November). Protection of an “Average Consumer” in the Digital Society – European Context. In: International Scientific Conference on Marketing Identity (pp. 273–282). Marketing Identity.Google Scholar
- Tokarcikova, E., Bartošová, V. & Durisova, M. (2015, November) .Corporate social responsibility of public administrations employees. In: Innovation Vision 2020: from regional development sustainability to global economic growth, Marketing Identity (pp. 1437–1445).Google Scholar
- Velsic, M. (2012). Sociálne siete na Slovensku. http://www.ivo.sk/6749/sk/studie/socialne-siete-na-slovensku. Accessed 16 March 2017.
- Visser, W. (2012). CSR 2.0: Reinventing Corporate Social Responsibility for the 21st Century. http://www.managementexchange.com/hack/csr-20-reinventingcorporate-social-responsibility-21st-century. Accessed 7 March 2017.