Greedy Based Pareto Local Search for Bi-objective Robust Airport Gate Assignment Problem
The present paper proposes a Greedy based Pareto Local Search (GB-PLS) algorithm for the bi-objective robust airport gate assignment problem (bRAGAP). The bRAGAP requires to minimize the total passenger walking distance and the total robust cost of gate assignment. The robust cost is measured through our proposed evaluation function considering the impact of delay cost on the allocation of idle time. GB-PLS uses the Random and Greedy Move (RGM) as a neighborhood search operator to improve the convergence and diversity of the solutions. Two populations are maintained in GB-PLS: the external population (EP) stores the nondominated solutions and the starting population (SP) maintains all the starting solutions for Pareto local search (PLS). The PLS is applied to search the neighborhood of each solution in the SP and the generated solutions are used to update the EP. A number of extensive experiments has been conducted to validate the performance of GB-PLS over Pareto Simulated Annealing (PSA).
KeywordsBi-objective optimization Robust airport gate assignment Pareto Local Search Neighborhood search
This work was supported in part by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC) under grant 61300159, by the Natural Science Foundation of Jiangsu Province of China under grant BK20130808 and by China Postdoctoral Science Foundation under grant 2015M571751.
- 5.Ding, H., Lim, A., Rodrigues, B., Zhu, Y.: Aircraft and gate scheduling optimization at airports. In: Proceedings of the 37th Annual Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, pp. 74–81. IEEE (2004)Google Scholar
- 10.Deb, K., Agrawal, S., Pratab, A., Meyarivan, T.: A fast elitist non-dominated sorting genetic algorithm for multi-objective optimization: NSGA-II. KanGAL report 200001, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, India (2000)Google Scholar
- 11.Lust, T.: Speed-up techniques for solving large-scale bTSP with the two-phase pareto local search. In: Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference (GECCO), Atlanta, USA, pp. 761–762. ACM Press (2008)Google Scholar
- 13.Xu, J., Bailey, G.: The Airport Gate Assignment Problem: Mathematical Model and a Tabu Search Algorithm (2001)Google Scholar
- 16.Lim, A., Wang, F.: Robust airport gate assignment. In: IEEE International Conference on TOOLS with Artificial Intelligence, pp. 74–81 (2005)Google Scholar
- 20.Zhao, X.L., Zhu, J.F., Mei, G.: Study on modelling and algorithm of irregular flight delay operation. Syst. Eng.-Theory Pract. 4, 018 (2008)Google Scholar