Assessment of Exporting Economies Influence on the Global Food Network
Using network approach, we propose a new method of identifying key food exporters based on the long-range (LRIC) and short-range interaction indices (SRIC). These indices allow to detect several groups of economies with direct as well as indirect influence on the routes of different levels in the food network.
This work is supported by the Russian Science Foundation under grant No 17-18-01651 National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- 1.Aleskerov, F.: Power indices taking into account agents’ preferences. In: Simeone, B., Pukelsheim, F. (eds.) Mathematics and Democracy, pp. 1–18. Springer, Berlin (2006)Google Scholar
- 2.Aleskerov, F., Andrievskaya, I., Permjakova, E.: Key borrowers detected by the intensities of their short-range interactions. Working Paper WP BRP 33/FE/2014, NRU Higher School of Economics, Moscow (2014)Google Scholar
- 3.Aleskerov, F., Meshcheryakova, N., Shvydun, S.: Centrality measures in networks based on nodes attributes, long-range interactions and group influence. Working Paper WP7/2016/04, NRU Higher School of Economics, Moscow (2016)Google Scholar
- 4.Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations: The state of food insecurity in the world 2015 (2015). http://www.fao.org/hunger/en/
- 5.Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations: The state of food and agriculture. Climate change, agriculture and food security (2016)Google Scholar
- 7.Otero, E., Bello, M.: ‘We want food!’, Venezuelans cry at protest near presidency Reuters, June 3 (2016). http://www.reuters.com/article/us-venezuela-politics-protest-idUSKCN0YO2M9 Google Scholar
- 8.Patenaude, B.M.: Food as a weapon. In: Hoover Digest, vol. 1. Hoover Institution, Stanford (2007). http://www.hoover.org/research/food-weapon
- 9.Schreier, H., Pang, G.: Food export & virtual water. Faculty of Land and Food Systems, University of British Columbia (2014). http://ubclfs-wmc.landfood.ubc.ca/webapp/VWM/course/food-export-virtual-water-3/ Google Scholar
- 10.UNSD: National compilation and reporting practices: 2006 survey results. International Merchandise Trade Statistics. United Nations Statistics Division (2008). https://unstats.un.org/unsd/tradereport/introduction_MM.asp Google Scholar
- 11.World Food Programme, UN: Hunger statistics. WFP (2015). https://www.wfp.org/hunger/stats