D-Case Communicator: A Web Based GSN Editor for Multiple Stakeholders
This paper presents “D-Case Communicator”, a web-based GSN editor which facilitates co-authoring of GSN diagrams by (possibly) remote stakeholders. D-Case Communicator is easy to use: it can be used in typical web-browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, and Safari; Editing is smooth as it is implemented using recent web technologies. This paper explains basic specification, usage, and design rationale of the tool. D-Case Communicator is available in https://mlab.ce.cst.nihon-u.ac.jp/dcase/.
This work has been supported by KAKENHI 15K15971, MEXT, Japan.
- 1.Matsuno, Y.: A design and implementation of an assurance case language. In: 44th Annual IEEE/IFIP International Conference on Dependable Systems and Networks, DSN 2014, pp. 630–641, Atlanta, GA, USA, 23–26 June 2014Google Scholar
- 3.Bishop, P., Bloomfield, R.: A methodology for safety case development. In: Safety-Critical Systems Symposium (SSS 1998) (1998)Google Scholar
- 4.Change Vision, Inc.: Astah GSN. http://astah.net/editions/gsn
- 5.Kelly, T., Weaver, R.: The goal structuring notation - a safety argument notation. In: Proceedings of the Dependable Systems and Networks 2004, Workshop on Assurance Cases (2004)Google Scholar
- 6.Adelard: Adelard safety case development manual (1998)Google Scholar
- 7.Eurocontrol: Safety case development manual (2006)Google Scholar
- 9.Kelly, T.: Arguing safety - a systematic approach to safety case management. Ph.D. thesis, Department of Computer Science, University of York (1998)Google Scholar
- 10.Wilson, S.P., McDermid, J.A., Kirkham, P.M., Fenelon, P.: The safety argument manager: an integrated approach to the engineering and safety assessment of computer based systems. In: IEEE Symposium and Workshop on Engineering of Computer Based Systems (ECBS 1996), pp. 198–205, Friedrichshafen, Germany, 11–15 March 1996Google Scholar
- 11.Matsuno, Y., Ishigaki, Y., Bando, K., Kido, H., Tanaka, K.: Developing SNS tool for consensus building on environmental safety using assurance cases. In: Skavhaug, A., Guiochet, J., Schoitsch, E., Bitsch, F. (eds.) SAFECOMP 2016. LNCS, vol. 9923, pp. 55–62. Springer, Cham (2016). doi: 10.1007/978-3-319-45480-1_5 CrossRefGoogle Scholar