How to Get More Out of Your Oracles
Formal verification of large computer-generated proofs often relies on certified checkers based on oracles. We propose a methodology for such proofs, advocating a separation of concerns between formalizing the underlying theory and optimizing the algorithm implemented in the checker, based on the observation that such optimizations can benefit significantly from adequately adapting the oracle.
We would like to thank Pierre Letouzey for his suggestions and help with making our extracted code more efficient.
The authors were supported by the Danish Council for Independent Research, Natural Sciences, grant DFF-1323-00247, and by the Open Data Experimentarium at the University of Southern Denmark. Computational resources were generously provided by the Danish Center for Scientific Computing.
- 4.Claret, G., González-Huesca, L., Régis-Gianas, Y., Ziliani, B.: Lightweight proof by reflection using a posteriori simulation of effectful computation. In: Blazy et al. , pp. 67–83Google Scholar
- 6.Cruz-Filipe, L., Larsen, K.S., Schneider-Kamp, P.: Formally proving size optimality of sorting networks. J. Autom. Reason. Accepted for publication. doi: 10.1007/s10817-017-9405-9
- 8.Cruz-Filipe, L., Schneider-Kamp, P.: Formally proving the boolean triples conjecture. In: Eiter, T., Sands, D. (eds.) LPAR-21. EPiC Series in Computing, vol. 46, pp. 509–522. EasyChair Publications (2017)Google Scholar
- 10.Darbari, A., Fischer, B., Marques-Silva, J.: Industrial-strength certified SAT solving through verified SAT proof checking. In: Cavalcanti, A., Deharbe, D., Gaudel, M.-C., Woodcock, J. (eds.) ICTAC 2010. LNCS, vol. 6255, pp. 260–274. Springer, Heidelberg (2010). doi: 10.1007/978-3-642-14808-8_18 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 15.Sternagel, C., Thiemann, R.: The certification problem format. In: Benzmüller, C., Paleo, B. (eds.) UITP, EPTCS, vol. 167, pp. 61–72 (2014)Google Scholar
- 16.Wetzler, N.D., Heule, M.J.H., Hunt Jr., W.A.: Mechanical verification of SAT refutations with extended resolution. In: Blazy et al. , pp. 229–244Google Scholar