A SOA Web-Based Group Decision Support System Considering Affective Aspects
The topic of Group Decision Support Systems (GDSS) has been studied over the last decades. Supporting decision-makers that participate in group decision-making processes is a complex task, especially when decision-makers have no opportunity to gather at the same place and at the same time. In this work, we propose a Web based Group Decision Support System (WebGDSS) which intends to support decision-makers anywhere, anytime and through almost any kind of devices. Our system was developed under a SOA architecture and we used a multi-criteria algorithm that features decision-makers’ cognitive aspects, as well as a component of generation of intelligent reports to provide feedback of decision-making processes to the decision-makers.
KeywordsGroup Decision Support Systems Group decision-making Intelligent reports Cognitive decision-making
This work was supported by EUREKA - ITEA2 Project INVALUE (ITEA-13015), INVALUE Project (ANI|P2020 17990), and has received funding from FEDER Funds through NORTE2020 program and from National Funds through FCT - Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia (Portuguese Foundation for Science and Technology) under the project UID/EEA/00760/2013 and with the João Carneiro Ph.D. Grant with the Reference SFRH/BD/89697/2012.
- 1.Luthans, F.: Organizational Behavior, vol. 46. McGraw-Hill/Irwin, New York (2011). 594 p.Google Scholar
- 11.Carneiro, J., Martinho, D., Marreiros, G., Novais, P.: A general template to configure multi-criteria problems in ubiquitous GDSS. Int. J. Softw. Eng. Appl. 9, 193–206 (2015)Google Scholar
- 12.Monteban, J.: Using group decision support systems to facilitate organizational change. In: 21st Twente Student Conference on IT, 23 June 2014, Enschede, The Netherlands (2014). http://referaat.cs.utwente.nl/conference/21/paper
- 13.Carneiro, J., Conceição, L., Martinho, D., Marreiros, G., Novais, P.: Including cognitive aspects in multiple criteria decision analysis. Ann. Oper. Res. 1–23 (2016). https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10479-016-2391-1
- 14.Carneiro, J., Conceição, L., Martinho, D., Marreiros, G., Novais, P.: Intelligent reports for group decision support systems. In: Intelligent Environments 2016: Workshop Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Intelligent Environments, p. 4. IOS Press (2016)Google Scholar
- 15.Conceição, L., Carneiro, J., Martinho, D., Marreiros, G., Novais, P.: Generation of intelligent reports for ubiquitous group decision support systems. In: Global Information Infrastructure and Networking Symposium (GIIS), 2016, pp. 1–6. IEEE (2016)Google Scholar
- 16.Martinho, D., Carneiro, J., Marreiros, G., Novais, P.: Dealing with agents’ behaviour in the decision-making process. In: Workshop Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Intelligent Environments, vol. 19, p. 4 (2015)Google Scholar