Autocorrelation Analysis of Cu Content in Ore Streams in One of KGHM Polska Miedż S.A. Mines
Information about ore quality along its route from its source – the deposit, through long and complicated belt conveyor system till processing plant is not available in KGHM Polska Miedz on a daily basis. There were only few papers which analyzed variability of Cu content in feed to processing plant, on the transfer conveyor linking two mines and on the selected sectional conveyors. There were no such analysis regarding variation of ore lithological compositions. Such knowledge should improve metal recovery and reduce energy in processing plant by adjustment of milling and ore beneficiation parameters to known in advance copper ore quality data. Lack of data about ore composition prompted authors to analyze autocorrelations of Cu content time series in ore streams on the section and transfer conveyors as well as in the feed to processing plant. Determined differences in range of significant autocorrelations in ACF and PACF in different places along belt conveyor route have been explained by increasing difficulties in changing the average content of copper in ore coming from the growing area and a range of routes of loading machinery and face advance in comparison to range of directional semivariogram. The planned DISIRE experiment with application of Process Analyser Technology (PAT) sensors (containing ore information pellets), dropped into the transported ore streams and simulations of real flow of ore stream should show possibility to predict ore quality in advance to give enough time for necessary adjustments.
KeywordsSPIRE DISIRE Ore grade variation Belt conveying Autocorrelation
This work is supported by the Framework Programme for Research and Innovation Horizon 2020 under Grant Agreement No. 636834 (DISIRE).
- Chmielewski, T.: Development of a hydrometallurgical technology for production of metals from KGHM Polska Miedz S.A. concentrates. Physicochem. Probl. Miner. Process. 51(1), 335–350 (2015)Google Scholar
- Drzymala, J., Kowalczuk, P.B.: Problems with statistical evaluation of separation results. In: Proceedings of the 12th International Mineral Processing Symposium, pp. 1191–1202, Cappadocia, Turkey (2010) Google Scholar
- Holodnik, K., Jurdziak, L., Kawalec, W., Krysa, Z., Milczarek, W., Paszkowska, G., Pattinson, D., Simpson, S.: Raport (archive material Wroclaw University of Science and Technology, Wroclaw) (2015)Google Scholar
- Jurdziak, L., Kaszuba, D., Kawalec, W., Król, R.: Idea of identification of copper ore with the use of process analyser technology sensors. In: World Multidisciplinary Earth Sciences Symposium (WMESS 2016), 5–9 September 2016, Prague, Czech Republic. IOP Publishing, Bristol, 2016. art. 042037, s. 1–8. IOP Conference Series - Earth and Environmental Science, vol. 44 (2016a). ISSN 1755-1315. doi: 10.1088/1755-1315/44/4/042037
- Jurdziak, L., Kawalec, W., Król, R.: Current methods and possibilities to determine the variability of Cu content in the copper ore on a conveyor belt in one of KGHM Polska Miedz S.A. mines. In: Kowalczuk, P.B., Drzymala, J. (eds.) Mineral Engineering Conference MEC2016, Swieradow-Zdroj, Poland, September 25–28. EDP Sciences, 2016. art. 01055, s. 1–7. E3S Web of Conferences, vol. 8 (2016b). ISSN 2267-1242. doi: 10.1051/e3sconf/20160801055
- Kawalec, W., Król, R., Zimroz, R., Jurdziak, L., Jach, M., Pilut, R.: Project DISIRE (H2020) – an idea of annotating of ore with sensors in KGHM Polska Miedz S.A. underground copper ore mines. In: Kowalczuk, P.B., Drzymala, J. (eds.) Mineral Engineering Conference MEC2016, Swieradow-Zdroj, Poland, September 25–28. EDP Sciences, 2016. art. 01058, s. 1–7. E3S Web of Conferences, vol. 8 (2016). ISSN 2267-1242. doi: 10.1051/e3sconf/20160801058
- Kuzba, B., Pawlos, W., Konieczny, A., Krzeminska, M.: Optimisation platform for copper ore processing at the division of concentrator of KGHM Polska Miedz S.A. mineral engineering conference MEC2016. E3S Web Conference, 8, 01037 (2016). doi: 10.1051/e3sconf/20160801037
- Lund, C., Lamberg, P.: Geometallurgy – a tool for better resource efficiency. European Geologist 37, 39–43 (2014)Google Scholar
- Tasdemir, A., Kowalczuk, P.B.: Application of statistical process control for proper processing of the Fore-Sudetic Monocline copper ore. Physicochem. Probl. Miner. Process. 50(1), 249–264 (2014)Google Scholar
- http://spire2030.eu/disire (2015)