Conclusion and Discussion
The growing interest in language assessment reported in this edited collection provides a succinct description of the changes that have taken place in the structure of several universities in the Arab World. The ten chapters of this volume offer a wide range of perspectives on EFL writing assessment in Arab universities from varied and compelling perspectives. Altogether, the studies offer abundant information concerning the educational programmes provided by many universities in the Arab world.
- Abouabdelkader, H., & Bouziane, A. (2016). The teaching of EFL writing in Morocco: Challenges and realities. In A. Abdelhamid & H. Abouabdelkader (Eds.), Teaching EFL writing in the 21st century Arab world. Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan.Google Scholar
- Ahmed, A. (2017). Assessment of EFL writing in some Arab world university contexts: Issues and challenges. In A. Ahmed & H. Abouabdelkader (Eds.), Assessing EFL writing in the Arab world universities in 21st century Arab world: Revealing the unknown. Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan.Google Scholar
- Ahmed, A., & Abouabdelkader, H. (2016). Teaching EFL writing in the 21st century Arab world: Realities & challenges. Palgrave Macmillan, UK.Google Scholar
- Flower, L., & Hayes, J. (1983). Uncovering cognitive processes in writing: An introduction to protocol analysis. In P. Mosethal, L. Tamor, & S. Walmsley (Eds.), Research in writing: Principals and methods (pp. 269–274). New York: Longman.Google Scholar
- McMillan, J. (2000). Fundamental assessment principles for teachers and school administrators. Paper presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Educational Research Association, New Orleans, April 24. Retrieved May 24, 2017, from http://pareonline.net/htm/v7n8.htm
- Swain, S., & Mahieu, P. L. (2012). Assessment in a culture of inquiry: The story of the national writing projects analytical writing continuum. In N. Elliot & L. Perelman (Eds.), Writing assessment in the 21st century: Essays in honor of Edward M. White (pp. 45–68). New York: Hampton Press.Google Scholar