The African continent is currently faced with a plethora of challenges which make the maximisation of the continent’s human and natural resources a mirage. This book has identified some of these challenges and alternative frameworks have been suggested to take the continent to a higher pedestal in terms of viable and sustainable human development.
- Ake, C. (1996, November 13). For Africa, the way forward. The Guardian (Lagos), p. 29.Google Scholar
- Collier, P., & Laroche, C. (2015). Harnessing natural resources of inclusive growth. Retrieved from https://www.theigc.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/IGCGrowthBriefNRMCollier20151.pdf assessed on 12/04/2017
- Hopgood, S. (2012). Key issues on education in Africa. This is Africa Online. Retrieved from http://www.thisisafricaonline.com/News/Key-issues-on-education-in-Africa?ct=true
- State of Education in Africa Report. (2015). A report card on the progress, opportunities and challenges confronting the African education sector. Published by African-American Institute. Retrieved from www.aaionline.org
- Sustainable Development Goals Platform. (2016). Sustainable Development Goal 4: Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all. Retrieved from www.sustainabledevelopment.un.org
- Transparency International. (2015). People and corruption in Africa: Africa survey 2015. Retrieved from www.transparency.org
- UNESCO. (2015). Regional overview, Sub-Saharan Africa: Education for All Global Monitoring 2015 Report. United Nations Educational Cultural and Scientific Organization. Retrieved from www.efareport.unesco.org