Indoor Children Location System Using BLE Technology
- 884 Downloads
The geolocation of people is a field of research that is in continuous development. Currently, the vast majority of systems that can locate people, are used in open spaces that can directly be viewed from the outside using GPS technology. This technology is based on very weak satellite signals and is not suitable for all types of scenarios. When a child gets lost inside a building, the parents inform the guards responsible for building security; an alarm is announced and different actions are undertaken in order to find the child. The steps taken during the search are based on manual procedures; all rooms in the building are searched and security cameras are reviewed. This is why it is crucial to research new solutions which will allow for the localization of individuals in enclosed spaces such as sports stadiums, museums, shopping malls etc. In the last decade, indoor location systems (IPS) have experienced increased growth due to reduced production costs of hardware and miniaturization of device size. This work focuses on the design of an architecture that allows for the monitoring, localization and identification of individuals (especially children or dependent persons) indoors through the use of low cost hardware.
KeywordsIndoor location system Bluetooth 4.0 low energy MQTT
This work was supported by the Spanish Ministry, Ministerio de Economía y Competitividad and FEDER funds. Project. SURF: Intelligent System for integrated and sustainable management of urban fleets TIN2015-65515-C4-3-R.
- 4.Hightower, J., Borriello, G., Want, R.: SpotON: an indoor 3D location sensing technology based on RF signal strength (2000)Google Scholar
- 5.Ekahau RTLS. http://www.ekahau.com/. Accessed 15 Feb 2017
- 7.Skyhook|Global Location and Context Software Products. http://www.skyhookwireless.com/. Accessed 15 Feb 2017
- 8.Gallagher, T., Li, B., Kealy, A., Dempster, AG.: Trials of commercial Wi-Fi positioning systems for indoor and urban canyonsGoogle Scholar
- 9.Blip Systems. http://blipsystems.com/. Accessed 15 Feb 2017
- 10.Bahl, V., Padmanabhan, V.: RADAR: an in-building RF-based user location and tracking system (2000)Google Scholar
- 11.RTLS (Real Time Location Systems) Solutions by AeroScout Industrial. http://www.aeroscout.com/. Accessed 15 Feb 2017
- 13.De Paz, J.F., Tapia, D.I., Alonso, R.S., Pinzón, C.I., Bajo, J., Corchado, J.M.: Mitigation of the ground reflection effect in real-time locating systems based on wireless sensor networks by using artificial neural networks. Knowl. Inf. Syst. 34, 193–217 (2013). doi: 10.1007/s10115-012-0479-8 CrossRefGoogle Scholar