Facilitating the Unexpected
The impact and importance of life events, work issues or circumstantial events on a person’s wellbeing is often unpredictable and immeasurable. The strength and ability of people to cope is mostly linked to their possibility to share issues or problems with a social network and the opportunity to create their own solutions together with this network. Eigen Kracht-conferenties (the Belgian version of Family group conferencing) is a decision-making process that gives an impulse to maintain or regain autonomy and take a step in the direction of a participation state. This chapter shall focus on empowering networks of employees who are no longer capable of doing their job in changing organizations. One of the central questions herein is how they can reorient themselves without risking isolation or missing the connection with colleagues.
KeywordsEmpowerment EK-c Family group conferencing Network
- Beyers, M. 2013. Eigen Kracht-conferenties, burgers aan zet. Cahiers Campus Gelbergen nr. 1. Antwerpen: Garant.Google Scholar
- Burford, G., and J. Hudson. 2000. Family Group Conferencing. New Directions in Community-Centered Child & Family Practice. New Brunswick: Transaction Publishers.Google Scholar
- Clarijs, R., and T. Malmberg. 2012. The Quiet Revolution. Amsterdam: SWP.Google Scholar
- Clarijs, R. 2012. Family Group Conferences as Cause and Effect of People Power. The Next Step Towards a Participation State. In The Quiet Revolution, ed. R. Clarijs and T. Malmberg. Amsterdam: SWP.Google Scholar
- de Aguirre, P. 2016. Julien gered uit de zorg. In de redactie.be. http://deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws/Longreads/1.2869561. Accessed 28 Feb 2017.
- Jong de, G. 2014. Family Group Conferencing in Public Mental Health Care. Enschede: Gildeprint.Google Scholar
- Hilhorst, P., and J. Lans van der. 2013. Sociaal doe-het-zelven. De idealen en de politieke praktijk. Amsterdam: Atlas contact.Google Scholar
- Roberts, M. 2014. Mediation in Family Disputes. Surrey: Ashgate.Google Scholar
- Van Pagée, R. 2003. Eigen Kracht Family Group Conference in Nederland. Van model naar invoering. Amsterdam: SWP.Google Scholar