Mining the Lattice of Binary Classifiers for Identifying Duplicate Labels in Behavioral Data
Analysis of behavioral data represents today a big issue, as so many domains generate huge quantity of activity and mobility traces. When traces are labeled by the user that generates it, models can be learned to accurately predict the user of an unknown trace. In online systems however, users may have several virtual identities, or duplicate labels. By ignoring them, the prediction accuracy drastically drops, as the set of all virtual identities of a single person is not known beforehand. In this article, we tackle this duplicate labels identification problem, and present an original approach that explores the lattice of binary classifiers. Each subset of labels is learned as the positive class against the others (the negative class), and constraints make possible to identify duplicate labels while pruning the search space. We experiment this original approach with data of the video game Starcraft 2 in the new context of Electronic Sports (eSport) with encouraging results.
KeywordsBinary classification Label duplicate Data quality
This work has been partially financed by the projects FUI AAP 14 Tracaverre 2012–2016, VEL’INNOV (ANR INOV 2012) and GRAISearch (FP7-PEOPLE-2013-IAPP).
- 1.Cavadenti, O., Codocedo, V., Boulicaut, J.F., Kaytoue, M.: When cyberathletes conceal their game: clustering confusion matrices to identify avatar aliases. In: International Conference on Data Science and Advanced Analytics (DSAA) (2015)Google Scholar
- 2.De Montjoye, Y.A., Hidalgo, C.A., Verleysen, M., Blondel, V.D.: Unique in the crowd: the privacy bounds of human mobility. Nature Sci. Rep. 3(1376), 779–782 (2013)Google Scholar
- 3.Getoor, L., Machanavajjhala, A.: Entity resolution: theory, practice & open challenges. PVLDB 5(12), 2018–2019 (2012)Google Scholar
- 4.Hall, M.A., Frank, E., Holmes, G., Pfahringer, B., Reutemann, P., Witten, I.H.: The WEKA data mining software: an update. SIGKDD Explor. 11(1), 10–18 (2009). http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/1656274.1656278
- 5.ICDM Contest: Identify individual users across their digital devices. In: IEEE International Conference on data mining (2015)Google Scholar
- 6.Mugan, J., Chari, R., Hitt, L., McDermid, E., Sowell, M., Qu, Y., Coffman, T.: Entity resolution using inferred relationships and behavior. In: IEEE International Conference on Big Data, pp. 555–560 (2014)Google Scholar
- 8.Von Eschen, A.: Machine learning and data mining in call of duty (invited talk). In: European Conference on Machine Learning and Knowledge Discovery in Databases (ECML/PKDD) (2014)Google Scholar
- 9.Yan, E.Q., Huang, J., Cheung, G.K.: Masters of control: behavioral patterns of simultaneous unit group manipulation in starcraft 2. In: 33rd Annual ACM Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI 2015), pp. 3711–3720. ACM (2015)Google Scholar