Multidimensional Trust-Based Anomaly Detection System in Internet of Things
Trust Management (TM) has been playing an important role in dealing with security and privacy issues in the Internet of Things (IoT). Following this trend, we propose a trust-based anomaly detection system which provides a closed loop of trustworthiness computing, decision-making and trust reevaluation. The proposed trust model considers multidimensional trust elements including reputation, Quality of Service (QoS) and social relationship, the result of which is employed to instruct the device to take appropriate security policies against its peers. Moreover, the detected anomaly event will trigger the reevaluation of the peers trustworthiness. To evaluate our system, we consider a shopping mall scenario with a great many of IoT devices, and the simulation results show our system achieves very low false alarm rate under proper trust level threshold.
KeywordsInternet of Things Trust management Anomaly detection
This work is supported by the National Science Foundation of China under Grants Nos. 61272010 and 61572514.
- 1.Liu, Y.B., Gong, X.H., Feng, Y.F.: Trust system based on node behavior detection in Internet of Things. J. Commun. 35, 8–15 (2014)Google Scholar
- 2.Blaze, M., Feigenbaum, J., Lacy, J.: Decentralized trust management. In: Proceedings of IEEE Conference on Security and Privacy, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 164–173 (1996)Google Scholar
- 3.Michiardi, P., Molva, R.: Core: a collaborative reputation mechanism to enforce node cooperation in mobile ad hoc networks. In: Jerman-Blažič, B., Klobučar, T. (eds.) Advanced Communications and Multimedia Security. ITIFIP, vol. 100, pp. 107–121. Springer, Boston (2002). doi: 10.1007/978-0-387-35612-9_9 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 4.Lee, S., Sherwood, R., Bhattacharjee, B.: Cooperative peer groups in nice. In: Joint Conference of the IEEE Computer and Communications, vol. 2, pp. 1272–1282. IEEE Societies (2003)Google Scholar
- 7.Bao, F., Chen, I.R.: Trust management for the Internet of Things and its application to service composition. In: World of Wireless, Mobile and Multimedia Networks, pp. 1–6 (2012)Google Scholar
- 11.Bernabe, J.B., Ramos, J.L.H., Gomez, A.F.S.: TACIoT: multidimensional trust-aware access control system for the Internet of Things. Soft Comput. 20(5), 1–17 (2016)Google Scholar
- 14.Bao, F., Chen, R., Chang, M., Cho, J.-H.: Trust-based intrusion detection in wireless sensor networks. In: 2011 IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), pp. 1–6. IEEE (2011)Google Scholar
- 16.Truong, N.B., Um, T.-W., Lee, G.M.: A reputation and knowledge based trust service platform for trustworthy Social Internet of Things. In: Innovations in Clouds, Internet and Networks (ICIN), Paris, France (2016)Google Scholar
- 17.Bonomi, F., Milito, R., Zhu, J., Addepalli, S.: Fog computing and its role in the Internet of Things. In: Proceedings of the First Edition of the MCC Workshop on Mobile Cloud Computing, pp. 13–16. ACM (2012)Google Scholar
- 19.Mamdani, E.H.: Application of fuzzy algorithms for control of simple dynamic plant. In: Proceedings of the Institution of Electrical Engineers, vol. 121, no. 12, pp. 1585–1588. IET (1974)Google Scholar