A Shadow Elimination Algorithm Based on HSV Spatial Feature and Texture Feature
In order to improve the accuracy of the detection and tracking task in the intelligent surveillance system, we propose a shadow elimination algorithm based on HSV spatial feature and texture feature. In this paper, firstly the background subtraction is used to obtain the motion area of the sequence image, where HSV feature is used to determine the threshold value of the shadow elimination which can be completely removed. Then the complete moving target is obtained by OR operator of combining the foreground which is extracted by OTSU and the result which is extracted by HSV. The algorithm is applied to several realistic scenario where exists various shadow. We compare our method with other traditional algorithm and report experimental results, both in terms of noise suppression and detection accuracy. The experimental results show that the proposed method has the better noise suppression and detection accuracy.
This research was supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China (61471162); Program of International science and technology cooperation (2015DFA10940); Science and technology support program (R & D) project of Hubei Province (2015BAA115); PhD Research Startup Foundation of Hubei University of Technology (BSQD13032); Open Foundation of Hubei Collaborative Innovation Center for High-Efficiency Utilization of Solar Energy (HBSKFZD2015005, HBSKFTD2016002).
- 1.Kang, J., Cohen, I., Medioni, G.: Tracking Objects from Multiple Stationary and Moving Cameras, pp. 31–35. The Institution of Electrical Engineers, England (2004)Google Scholar
- 8.Cucchiara, R., Grana, C., Piccardi, M., et al.: Improving shadow suppression in moving object detection with HSV color information. In: Proceedings of 2001 IEEE Intelligent Transportation Systems, pp. 334–339. IEEE (2001)Google Scholar
- 11.Li, Y., Sun, Z.-X., Yuan, B.: An improved method for motion detection by frame difference and background subtraction. J. Image Grap. 14(6), 1162–1168 (2009)Google Scholar
- 12.Elgammal, A., Harwood, D., David, L.S.: Nonparametric background model for background subtraction. In: Proceedings of the Sixth European Conference on Computer Vision (2000)Google Scholar
- 13.Soh, Y.S., Lee, H., Wang, Y.: Invariant color model-based shadow removal in traffic image and a new metric for evaluating the performance of shadow removal methods. In: PRICAI 2006: Trends in Artificial Intelligence, pp. 544–552. Springer, Heidelberg (2006)Google Scholar