On a New Method for Improving Weak Classifiers Using Bayes Metaclassifier
In this paper new algorithm called Bayes metaclassifier (BMC) will be introduced as a method for improving weak classifiers performance. In general, BMC constitutes the probabilistic generalization of any base classifier and has the form of the Bayes scheme. To validate BMC classification two experiments were designed. In the first one three synthetic datasets were generated from normal distribution to calculate and check empirically upper bound for improving base classifier when BMC approach is applied. Furthermore, to validate usefulness of this algorithm extensive simulations from 22 available benchmarks were performed comparing BMC model against 8 base classifiers with different design paradigms.
KeywordsClassification Improving weak classifiers Randomized reference classifier
This work was supported by the statutory funds of the Department of Systems and Computer Networks, Wroclaw University of Science and Technology.
- 1.Alcala-Fdez, J., Fernandez, A., Luengo, J., Derrac, J., Garcia, S., Sanchez, L., Herrera, F.: Keel data-mining software tool: data set repository. J. Multiple-Valued Logic Soft Comput. 17, 255–287 (2011)Google Scholar
- 3.Asuncion, A., Newman, D.: UCI machine learning repository (2007). http://www.ics.uci.edu/mlearn/MLRepository.html
- 9.Kuncheva, L.: Real medical data sets repository (2004). http://pages.bangor.ac.uk/~mas00a/activities/real_data.htm
- 10.Kurzynski, M., Majak, M.: Meta-Bayes classifier with Markov model applied to the control of bioprosthetic hand. In: Czarnowski, I., Caballero, A.M., Howlett, R.J., Jain, L.C. (eds.) Intelligent Decision Technologies 2016. SIST, vol. 57, pp. 107–117. Springer, Cham (2016). doi: 10.1007/978-3-319-39627-9_10 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 14.Strunk Jr., W., White, E.B.: Statistical Decision Theory and Bayesian Analysis, 3rd edn. Springer, New York (1987)Google Scholar
- 15.Woloszynski, T.: Classifier competence based on probabilistic modeling (ccprmod.m) (2013)Google Scholar