Applications in the Automotive and Aerospace Industries
Aluminum cast component applications in both automotive and aerospace industries have different considerations that must be made: alloy systems used, mechanical integrity requirements, casting methods, casting yield, molten metal process techniques, and casting size.
KeywordsAlloy composition Cost considerations Raw alloy flow
- 1.Verne, J. 1970. From the Earth to the Moon, 1865. Trans. J. and R. Baldick. New York: Dutton.Google Scholar
- 2.Bourcier, G.F., et al. 1985. Aluminum recycling casebook, 56. Washington, D.C.: The Aluminum Association, Inc.Google Scholar
- 3.Gruzleski, J.E., and B.M. Closset. 1990. The treatment of liquid aluminum-silicon alloys, 256. Des Plaines: American Foundry Society, Inc.Google Scholar
- 4.Zalensas, D.L. 1993. Aluminum casting technology, 201. Des Plaines: American Foundrymen’s Society.Google Scholar
- 5.Thoma, T., and F. Vaca. 2004. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).Google Scholar