Comparison of Two Versions of Formalization Method for Text Expressed Knowledge
The Node of Knowledge (NOK) method is a method for knowledge representation. It is used as a basis for development of formalism for textual knowledge representation (FNOK). Two versions of formalization methods and, respectively, two Question Answering (QA) systems are developed. The first system uses grammars; it is written and implemented in Python. The second, improved system is based on storing text in relational databases without losing semantics and it is implemented in Oracle.
This paper presents the results of comparison of the two QA systems. The first system was tested using 42 sentences. It received 88 questions from users and provided answers. After improving the formalization method, the second system was tested with the same set of sentences and questions. The paper presents the results of the testing, the comparison of answers received from both systems and the analysis of correctness of the answers received.
KeywordsNOK Node of Knowledge Relational database Question answering systems Knowledge Knowledge-based systems
The research has been conducted under the project “Extending the information system development methodology with artificial intelligence methods” (reference number 188.8.131.52.01) supported by University of Rijeka (Croatia).
- 5.Jakupovic, A., Pavlic, M., Mestrovic, A., Jovanovic, V.: Comparison of the nodes of knowledge method with other graphical methods for knowledge representation. In: Proceedings of the 36th International Convention CIS MIPRO, pp. 1276–1280 (2013)Google Scholar
- 6.Kovács, L.: SQL generation for natural language interface. J. Comput. Sci. Control Syst. 2(18), 19–22 (2009)Google Scholar
- 9.Oracle: SQL- the natural language for analysis, Oracle White Paper (2015)Google Scholar
- 10.Pavlic, M.: Informacijski sustavi (Information systems). Skolska knjiga, Zagreb (2011)Google Scholar
- 11.Pavlic, M.: Oblikovanje baza podataka (Database design). Odjel za informatiku, Sveuciliste u Rijeci (2011)Google Scholar
- 13.Pavlic, M., Jakupovic, A., Mestrovic, A.: Nodes of knowledge method for knowledge representation. Informatologia 46, 206–214 (2013)Google Scholar
- 14.Pavlic, M., Mestrovic, A., Jakupovic, A.: Graph-based formalisms for knowledge representation. In: Proceedings of the 17th World Multi-Conference on Systemic Cybernetics and Informatics WMSCI, pp. 200–204 (2013)Google Scholar