Integrated Performance Measurement for Optimization Networks in Smart Enterprises
Due to the current structural economic transformation towards smart production and logistics, a holistic and interactive connection between involved agents and departments becomes essential. Therefore, also in the field of operations research, an innovative approach of performance measurement is necessary to ensure increasing efficiency in smart enterprises. However, using traditional mathematical optimization methods, the isolated consideration of problem models can lead to high opportunity costs in other departments. In this paper, an integrated approach for measuring the performance of combined logistics optimization problems is presented. The connection of single problems is shown by proposing optimization networks (ON), where isolated problems are solved simultaneously to be able to use synergy effects. A methodology for measuring the results of an ON, called integrated performance measurement system (IPMS), is introduced. It monitors quantitative business goal achievement and ensures an overall increasing efficiency.
KeywordsSmart enterprise Synergy effects Production and logistics optimization networks Integrated performance measurement
The work described in this paper was done within the COMET Project Heuristic Optimization in Production and Logistics (HOPL), #843532 funded by the Austrian Research Promotion Agency (FFG).
- 1.Beham, A., Fechter, J., Kommenda, M., Wagner, S., Winkler, S.M., Affenzeller, M.: Optimization strategies for integrated knapsack and traveling salesman problems. In: Moreno-Díaz, R., Pichler, F., Quesada-Arencibia, A. (eds.) EUROCAST 2015. LNCS, vol. 9520, pp. 359–366. Springer, Heidelberg (2015). doi: 10.1007/978-3-319-27340-2_45 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 6.Kaplan, R.S., Norton, D.P.: The balanced scorecard: measures that drive performance. Harvard Bus. Rev. 70(1), 74–79 (1992)Google Scholar
- 7.Kaplan, R.S., Norton, D.P.: The Balanced Scorecard: Translating Strategy Into Action. Harvard Business Press, Brighton (1996)Google Scholar
- 8.Kotler, P.: Marketing Management: Analysis, Planning, Implementation, and Control. International Series in Marketing. Prentice Hall (1997). https://books.google.at/books?id=r5duSQAACAAJ
- 9.MacDougall, W.: Industrie 4.0: Smart Manufacturing for the Future. Germany Trade & Invest (2014)Google Scholar
- 11.Polyakovskiy, S., Bonyadi, M.R., Wagner, M., Michalewicz, Z., Neumann, F.: A comprehensive benchmark set and heuristics for the traveling thief problem. In: Proceedings of the 2014 Annual Conference on Genetic and Evolutionary Computation, pp. 477–484. ACM (2014)Google Scholar
- 12.Raggl, S., Fechter, J., Beham, A.: A dynamic multicommodity network flow problem for logistic networks (2015)Google Scholar