Drivers of Sustainable Value Management
There are many benefits of applying sustainable value management for construction projects but several barriers have also been identified. This chapter explains various means of improving the willingness to apply and employ a sustainable value management study for construction projects. Drivers highlighted and discussed include training and education, creating the necessary awareness, the involvement of stakeholders, and the formulation of the necessary and appropriate guidelines and regulations, among others. The drivers discussed in this chapter will help in promoting and adopting the study when properly considered and implemented accordingly.
KeywordsConstruction project Research and development Training Stakeholder management Sustainable construction Sustainable value management Value management
- Aghimien, D. O., & Oke, A. E. (2015). Application of value management to selected construction projects in Nigeria. Developing Country Studies, 5(17), 8–14.Google Scholar
- Male, S. (2002). A re-appraisal of value methodologies in construction. Construction Management and Economics, 11(2002), 57–75.Google Scholar
- Noor, N. F., Kamruzzaman, S. N., & Ghaffar, N. (2015). Sustainability concern in value management: A study on government’s building project. International Journal of Current research and Academic Review, 2(2015), 72–83.Google Scholar
- Roufechael, K. M., Abu Bakar, A. H., & Tabassi, A. A. (2015). Value management and client attitude in developing sustainable construction. Advances in Environmental Biology, 9(5), 4–6.Google Scholar
- The College of Estate Management. (1995). Value engineering. Retrieved May 12, 2016, from http://www.cem.ac.uk/postalcourses.