Detection of Copy-Move Forgery in Flat Region Based on Feature Enhancement
A new Feature Enhancement method based on SURF is proposed for Copy-Move Forgery Detection. The main difference from the traditional methods is that Contrast Limited Adaptive Histogram Equalization is proposed as a preprocessing stage in images. SURF is used to extract keypoints from the preprocessed image. Even in flat regions, the method can also extract enough keypoints. In the matching stage, g2NN matching skill is used which can also detect multiple forgeries. The experimental results show that the proposed method performs better than the state-of-the-art algorithms on the public database.
KeywordsCopy-move forgery detection Feature enhancement method CLAHE algorithm Flat regions
This work was supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 61370195, U1536121).
- 1.Fridrich, B.A.J., Soukal, B.D., Lukáš, A.J.: Detection of copy-move forgery in digital images. In: Proceedings of Digital Forensic Research Workshop (2003)Google Scholar
- 2.Popescu, A.C., Farid, H.: Exposing digital forgeries by detecting duplicated image regions. In: Computer Science Dartmouth College Private Ivy League Research University, 646 (2004)Google Scholar
- 4.Li, G., Wu, Q., Tu, D., et al.: A sorted neighborhood approach for detecting duplicated regions in image forgeries based on DWT and SVD. In: IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo, ICME 2007, 2–5 July 2007, Beijing, pp. 1750–1753 (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Bayram, S., Sencar, H.T., Memon, N.: An efficient and robust method for detecting copy-move forgery. In: IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, pp. 1053–1056 (2009)Google Scholar
- 8.Li, L., Li, S., Zhu, H., et al.: An efficient scheme for detecting copy-move forged images by local binary patterns. J. Inf. Hiding Multimed. Signal Process. 4, 46–56 (2013)Google Scholar
- 9.Mahmood, T., Nawaz, T., Ashraf, R., et al.: A survey on block based copy move image forgery detection techniques. In: International Conference on Emerging Technologies. IEEE (2015)Google Scholar
- 13.Bo, X., Wang, J., Liu, G., et al.: Image copy-move forgery detection based on SURF. In: International Conference on Multimedia Information Networking & Security. pp. 889–892 (2010)Google Scholar
- 14.Shivakumar, B.L., Baboo, S.: Detection of region duplication forgery in digital images using SURF. Int. J. Comput. Sci. Issues 8(4), 199–205 (2011) Google Scholar
- 15.Pisano, E.D., Zong, S., Hemminger, B.M., DeLuca, M., Johnston, R.E., Muller, K., Braeuning, M.P., Pizer, S.M.: Contrast limited adaptive histogram equalization image processing to improve the detection of simulated spiculations in dense mammograms. J. Digit. Imaging 11, 193–200 (1998)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 17.Fischler, M.A., Bolles, R.C.: Random sample consensus: a paradigm for model fitting with applications to image analysis and automated cartography. In: Readings in Computer Vision: Issues, Problems, Principles, and Paradigms, pp. 726–740. Morgan Kaufmann Publishers Inc., San Francisco (1987)Google Scholar