Distributed Clustering Scheme to Relieving Broadcast Storms in Vehicular Ad-Hoc Network
Nowadays, Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) aim to reduce accidents, fuel consumption and roads congestion, for this reason Vehicular Ad-hoc Networks (VANETs) technology as special case of ITS represent the future of the smart vehicles, the use of this one in order to improve road traffic safety will be great challenge. As can be seen, the number of cars worldwide is growing day after day. The deployment of VANETs technology which is composed of several types of communications has interested many researchers. So that to stabilize and handle this number of vehicles, we have focused our search on Quality of Service (QoS) and increased packet delivery ratio between vehicles by implementing Clustering scheme.
This paper describes a new distributed algorithm connectivity-based to form stable clusters. To evaluate our proposal scheme, we have conducted various simulations in OMNeT++ and SUMO simulators. The obtained results are promising in terms of packet delivery ratio and overhead.
KeywordsVANETs Dynamic clustering Connectivity Stability CH election QoS
- 1.Raw, R.S., Kumar, M., Singh, N.: Security challenges, issues and their solutions for VANET. Intl. J. Netw. Secur. Its Appl. 5(5), 95 (2013)Google Scholar
- 4.Vodopivec, S., Bester, J., Kos, A.: A survey on clustering algorithms for vehicular ad-hoc networks. In: 35th International. Conference on Telecommunications and Signal Processing (TSP), pp. 52–56 (2012)Google Scholar
- 5.Chen, Q., Jiang, D., Delgrossi, L.: IEEE 1609.4 DSRC multi-channel operations and its implications on vehicle safety communications. In: 2009 IEEE Vehicular Networking Conference (VNC), pp. 1–8. IEEE, October 2009Google Scholar
- 6.Jiang, D., Delgrossi, L.: IEEE 802.11 p: towards an international standard for wireless access in vehicular environments. In: Vehicular Technology Conference 2008, VTC Spring 2008, pp. 2036–2040. IEEE, May 2008Google Scholar
- 9.Sahasrabudhe, M.S., Chawla, D.M.: Survey of applications based on vehicular ad-hoc network (VANET) framework. IJCSIT Intl. J. Comput. Sci. Inf. Technol. 5(3), 3937–3942 (2014)Google Scholar
- 10.Regan, A.: The ACCESS almanac: vehicular ad hoc networks: storms on the horizon. ACCESS Magazine (2013)Google Scholar
- 11.Rawashdeh, Z.Y., Mahmud, S.M.: A novel algorithm to form stable clusters in vehicular ad hoc networks on highways. EURASIP J. Wireless Commun. Netw. 2012(1), 15 (2012)Google Scholar
- 12.Ahmed, S.A., Ariffin, S.H., Fisal, N.: Overview of wireless access in vehicular environment (WAVE) protocols and standards. Indian J. Sci. Technol. 6(7), 4994–5001 (2013)Google Scholar
- 14.Basagni, S.: Distributed clustering for ad hoc networks. In: Proceedings of the Fourth International Symposium on Parallel Architectures, Algorithms, and Networks (I-SPAN 1999), pp. 310–315 (1999)Google Scholar