Efficiency of Redundant Multipath Transmission of Requests Through the Network to Destination Servers
It is not uncommon that delay-sensitive requests cannot be processed repeatedly in case of delivery failures, especially in real-time systems, which results in a strong need to enhance reliability of sending of requests. This can be achieved through concurrent transmission of copies of a request over multiple routes in a given network to a number of similar destination nodes. However, the increase in the initial flow of requests leads to the rise of the network load and the average residence time and potentially to the excess of the ultimate residence time. In the research, the usefulness of redundant distribution of requests through the network was estimated, with the maximized probability of successful delivery and the minimized average residence time. It was found possible to determine the optimal redundancy order for a given set of parameters, namely the intensity of the flow of incoming requests and the bit error rate.
KeywordsReliability Request Redundancy Multipath routing Queueing systems
The study is a part of the research project “Methods for designing the key systems of information infrastructure” (State Registration Number is 615869) of ITMO University, St. Petersburg, Russia.
- 1.Bogatyrev, V.A.: Protocols for dynamic distribution of requests through a bus with variable logic ring for reception authority transfer. Autom. Control Comput. Sci. 33(1), 57–63 (1999)Google Scholar
- 5.Bogatyrev, V.A.: Exchange of duplicated computing complexes in fault tolerant systems. Autom. Control Comput. Sci. 45(5), 268–276 (2011). doi: 10.3103/S014641161105004X. http://link.springer.com/article/10.3103/S014641161105004X CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 6.Bogatyrev, V.A., Bogatyrev, S.V., Golubev, I.Y.: Optimization and the process of task distribution between computer system clusters. Autom. Control Comput. Sci. 46(3), 103–111 (2012). doi: 10.3103/S0146411612030029. http://link.springer.com/article/10.3103/S0146411612030029 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 13.Bogatyrev, V.A., Bogatyrev, A.V.: Optimization of redundant routing requests in a clustered real-time systems. Inf. Technol. 21(7), 495–502 (2015)Google Scholar
- 15.Bogatyrev, V.A.: Increasing the fault tolerance of a multi-trunk channel by means of inter-trunk packet forwarding. Autom. Control Comput. Sci. 33(2), 70–76 (1999)Google Scholar