Topological Aspects of Loop Groups
The purpose of these lectures is to give an introduction to the topological aspect s of the loop space ΩG when G is a compact Lie group. We will give a direct method of computing the cohomology of ΩG from very geometric and group theoretic data, usually referred to as the diagram. The main tool in our calculations is a version of Morse theory adapted to the study of loop spaces.
- Duistermaat, J. J. and Heckmann, G. J ., On the Variation in the Cohomology of the Symplectic Form on the Reduced Phase Space, Invent. Math. 93 (1981), 139 - 149.Google Scholar
- Dijkgraaf, R. and Witten, E ., Topological Gauge Theory and Group Cohomology, IASSNS- HEP 89/33, THU 89/9.Google Scholar
- Getzler, E., Cyclic Homology and the Path Integral of the Dirac Operator, Preprint, MIT (1990).Google Scholar
- Hirzebruch, F., Topological Methods in Algebraic Geometry, Grundlehren der mathematischen Wissenschaften 131, Springer- Verlag, Berlin, Heidelberg, 1978, Third Edition .Google Scholar
- Michelson, M. L. and Lawson, H. B., Spin Geometry, Princeton Mathematical Series, vol. 38, Princeton University Press, Princeton, New Jersey, 1989.Google Scholar
- Wallach, Nolan R., Harmonic Analisis on Homogeneous Spaces, Pure and Applied Mathematics,vol. 19, Marcel Dekker, Inc., New York, 1978 .Google Scholar