Forensics of Operation History Including Image Blurring and Noise Addition based on Joint Features
- 1.3k Downloads
Multi-manipulation is becoming the new normal in image tampering while the forensic researches still focus on the detection of single specific operation. With uncertain influences laid by pre-processing and post-processing operations, the multi-manipulation cases are hardly identified by existing single-manipulated detection methods. Here come the studies on image processing history. In this article, a novel algorithm for detecting image manipulation history of blurring and noise addition is proposed. The algorithm is based on the change of attributes correlation between adjacent pixels due to blur-ring or noise addition. Two sets of features are extracted from spatial domain and non-subsampled contourlet transform (NSCT) domain respectively. Spatial features describe the statistical distribution of differences among pixels in neighbourhood, while NSCT features capture the consistency between directional components of adjacent pixels in NSCT domain. With the proposed features, we are able to detect the particular processing history through supporting vector machine (SVM). Experiment results show that the performance of proposed algorithm is satisfying.
KeywordsNSCT operation chain blur noise addition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Zhang, C., Zhang, H.: Detecting Digital Image Forgeries Through Weighted Local Entropy. 2007 IEEE International Symposium on Signal Processing and Information Technology. 62--67 (2007)Google Scholar
- 2.Wang, B., Kong, L., Kong, X.: Forensic Technology Of Tonal Distortion For Blur Operation In Image Forgery. Journal of Electronics. 34(12), 2451--2454 (2006)Google Scholar
- 3.Sutcu, Y., Coskun, B., Sencar, H. T.: Tamper Detection Based On Regularity Of Wavelet Transform Coefficients.2007 IEEE International Conference on Image Processing, vol.1, pp. 397--400 (2007)Google Scholar
- 4.Zheng, J., Liu, M.: A Digital Forgery Image Detection Algorithm Based On Wavelet Homomorphic Filtering. International Workshop on Digital Watermarking. pp. 152--160 , Springer Berlin Heidelberg (2008)Google Scholar
- 5.Liu, G., Wang, J., Lian, S.: Detect Image Splicing With Artificial Blurred Boundary. Mathematical and Computer Modeling. 57, 2647--2659 (2013)Google Scholar
- 6.Wei, L. X., Zhu, J. J., Yang, X. Y.: An Image Forensics Algorithm For Blur Detection Based On Properties Of Sharp Edge Points. Advanced Materials Research. Trans Tech Publications,vol.341, pp. 743--747 (2012).Google Scholar
- 7.Cao, G., Zhao, Y., Ni, R.: Forensic Detection Of Noise Addition In Digital Images. Journal of Electronic Imaging, 23, 023004--023004 (2014)Google Scholar
- 8.Do, M. N., Vetterli, M.: The Contourlet Transform: An Efficient Directional Multiresolution Image Representation. IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, 14, 2091--2106 (2005)Google Scholar
- 9.Da Cunha, A. L., Zhou, J., Do, M.N.: Nonsubsampled Contourlet Transform: Filter Design And Applications In Denoising. IEEE International Conference on Image Processing 2005,vol.1, pp. 749--752 (2005)Google Scholar
- 10.Li, H., Zhao, Z., Chen, Y.: Research On Image Denoising Via Different Filters In Contourlet Domain. Infrared Technology, vol.30, no.8, pp.450--453 (2008)Google Scholar
- 11.UCID - Uncompressed Color Image Database, http://vision.cs.aston.ac.uk/datasets/UCID/ucid.htmlGoogle Scholar