The Research of Recommendation System Based on User-Trust Mechanism and Matrix Decomposition
Recommendation system is a tool that can help users quickly and effectively obtain useful resources in the face of the large amounts of information. Collaborative filtering is a widely used recommendation technology which recommends source for users through similar neighbors’ scores, but is faced with the problem of data sparseness and “cold start”. Although recommendation system based on trust model can solve the above problems to some extent, but still need further improvement to its coverage. To solve these problems, the paper proposes a matrix decomposition algorithm mixed with user trust mechanism (hereinafter referred to as UTMF), The algorithm uses matrix decomposition to fill the score matrix, and combine trust rating information of users in the filling process. According to the results of experiment using the E-opinions Data set, UTMF algorithm can improve the precision of the recommended, effectively ease the cold start problem.
KeywordsCold start Data sparseness UTMF Trust mechanism
- 2.Su, X.Y., Khoshgoftaar, M.T.: A survey of collaborative filtering techniques. J. Adv. Artif. Intell. 2009, 421425 (2009)Google Scholar
- 6.Massa, P., Averani, P.: Trust-aware recommend systems. In: The ACM Conference on Recommend Systems, pp. 17–24. ACM Press, Minneapolis (2007)Google Scholar
- 7.Jamali, M., Ester, M.: Using a trust network to improve top-n recommendation. In: The third ACM Conference on Recommend Systems, pp. 181–188. ACM, New York (2009)Google Scholar
- 8.Golbeck, J.: Computing and Applying Trust in Web-based Social Networks. University of Maryland, Washington D.C. (2005)Google Scholar
- 10.Ray, S., Mahanti, A.: Improving prediction accuracy in trust-aware recommend systems. In: The 43rd Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, pp. 1–9. IEEE Press Hawaii (2010)Google Scholar