Using the Contextual Search for the Organization Scientific Research Activities
The article discusses an approach of coordinating university scientific activities with using contextual search and contextual knowledge extraction technologies. For the implementation of the proposed approach, the authors use an e-library «Humanitariana» with services of contextual search, different types of queries, automated extraction of knowledge from the scientific texts. The advantage of using «Humanitariana» is in the possibility of combining the resources of several organizations, which can function in a local network mode and in distributed IT environment with ability to appeal to all resources from any of the servers of participating organizations. The approach was created and tested in context of preparation of master’s theses in “Applied Computer Science” (ITMO University) and scientific exploratory research (The Sociological Institute of the RAS).
Keywordse-Libraries Transformations of science Open research Scientific research activity Contextual knowledge Technologies of extraction contextual knowledge Contextual search Thematic collection of search queries Paragraph-oriented query Frequency-ranked query
Analytical results of the reported study (an analysis of scientific journals on the subject of computer games) was funded by RFBR 16-06-00368.a and is designed for 2016–2018. Testing of library services was carried out in the framework of the project RHF № 14-03-12017 and is designed for 2014–2016.
- 1.Szetela, D: Effective . https://www.seroundtable.com/archives/018064.html
- 2.Kononova, O.V., Sergeeva, O.V., Krut’ko, E.A., Oreh, E.A.: Play computer experience as a subject of the scientific periodical press in focus of the automated context search. In: Proceedings of the IV International Scientific and Practical Conference «Communications in Social and Humanitarian Knowledge, Economy, Education», pp. 251–253. Minsk (2016)Google Scholar
- 3.Ljapin, S.H., Kukovjakin, A.V.: Tematicheskie kollekcii polnotekstovyh zaprosov dlja izuchenija kontekstnogo znanija (proekt Humanitariana) [Thematic collections of full-text queries for learning contextual knowledge (project Humanitariana)]. Sbornik nauchnyh trudov XVIII Ob#edinennoj nauchnoj konferencii «Internet i sovremennoe obshhestvo» [Collection of scientific papers XVIII of the scientific conference “Internet and Modern Society”], pp. 216–224. St. Petersburg (2015)Google Scholar
- 5.O model’nom zakone «O mezhdunarodnom informacionnom obmene»: postanovlenie Mezhparlamentskoj Assamblei gosudarstv - uchastnikov sodruzhestva nezavisimyh gosudarstv ot 26.03.2002 № 19-7 [On the model law “On international information exchange”: Resolution of the Interparliamentary Assembly of States - members of the Commonwealth of Independent States on March 26, 2002 № 19-7]. http://base.consultant.ru/cons/cgi/online.cgi?req=doc;base=INT;n=13288
- 6.Smart, P.R., Sieck, W.R., Shadbolt, N.R.: Using web-based knowledge extraction techniques to support cultural modeling. In: Salerno, J., Yang, S.J., Nau, D., Chai, S.-K. (eds.) SBP 2011. LNCS, vol. 6589, pp. 113–120. Springer, Heidelberg (2011). doi: 10.1007/978-3-642-19656-0_18 CrossRefGoogle Scholar