Discovering Trip Hot Routes Using Large Scale Taxi Trajectory Data
Discovering trip hot routes is very meaningful for drivers to pick up a passenger, as well as for managers to plan urban public transport. Riding by taxis is one of the important means of transportation. Large scale taxi trajectory data from taxi GPS device implicates residents’ trip behavior. In this paper, we present a method to discover trip hot routes using large scale taxi trajectory data. Firstly, we measure taxi trajectory similarity with longest common subsequence (LCS). LCS-based DBSCAN trajectory clustering algorithm was proposed. Then hot routes were extracted using large scale taxi trajectory data. Our experiment shows that the trajectory clustering algorithm and hot route extraction method are effective.
KeywordsTaxi trajectory LCS Trajectory clustering Hot routes
This work was supported by the National High-tech R&D Program of China (2015AA015308), China Post-doctoral Science Foundation (2014T70852), Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities (106112014CDJZR188801), Chongqing Postdoctoral Science Foundation Project (Xm201305), and Key Projects of Chongqing Application Development (cstc2014yykfB30003).
- 2.Mustary, N.R., Chander, R.P., Baig, M.N.A.: A performance evaluation of VANET for intelligent transportation system. World J. Sci. Technol. 2(10), 89–93 (2012)Google Scholar
- 5.Castro, P.S., Zhang, D., Li, S.: Urban traffic modelling and prediction using large scale taxi gps traces. In: Kay, J., Lukowicz, P., Tokuda, H., Olivier, P., Krüger, A. (eds.) Pervasive 2012. LNCS, vol. 7319, pp. 57–72. Springer, Heidelberg (2012). doi: 10.1007/978-3-642-31205-2_4 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 7.Qian, X., Zhan, X., Ukkusuri, S.V.: Characterizing urban dynamics using large scale taxicab data. In: Engineering and Applied Sciences Optimization, pp. 17–32. Springer, Heidelberg (2015)Google Scholar
- 8.Zheng, Y., Liu, Y., Yuan, J., et al.: Urban computing with taxicabs. In: UBICOMP 2011: Ubiquitous Computing, International Conference, Beijing, China, pp. 89–98 (2011)Google Scholar
- 17.Kim, J., Mahmassani, H.S.: Spatial and temporal characterization of travel patterns in a traffic network using vehicle trajectories. Transp. Res. Part C Emerg. Technol. 9, 164–184 (2015)Google Scholar