Concealing Additional Secrets Using Sharing Approach in Steganography
This paper describes a method of concealing additional secret data in fuzzy vault cryptosystem. The hidden information is placed on the second level of the system, what means that it is impossible to reveal higher level secret before decoding all related data from lower level. This property gives an opportunity of using presented technique as a secret sharing system in which information from previous step is used in the next part of the algorithm (no additional keys are required). As the existence of second-level secrets is not obvious for external observer, this idea may be applied for steganography purposes. The format of concealed secret is two-dimensional point (x, y), thus the method presented in this paper is suitable for protecting all data that can be presented as a pair of numbers.
KeywordsShared Secret Level Secret Order Invariance Fuzzy Vault High Level Secret
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Koptyra, K., Ogiela, M.R.: Fuzzy vault schemes in multi-secret digital steganography. In: 10th International Conference on Broadband and Wireless Computing, Communication and Applications, BWCCA 2015, Krakow, Poland, November 4-6, 2015. (2015) 183–186Google Scholar
- 2.Ogiela, M.R., Koptyra, K.: False and multi-secret steganography in digital images. Soft Comput. 19(11) (2015) 3331–3339Google Scholar
- 3.Juels, A., Sudan, M.: A fuzzy vault scheme. Des. Codes Cryptography 38(2) (2006) 237–257Google Scholar
- 4.Nandakumar, A.K.J.K., Pankanti, S.: Fingerprint-based fuzzy vault: Implementation and performance. In: IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security. Volume 2. (December 2007) 744–757Google Scholar
- 5.Hani, M.K., Marsono, M.N., Bakhteri, R.: Biometric encryption based on a fuzzy vault scheme with a fast chaff generation algorithm. Future Generation Comp. Syst. (2013) 800–810Google Scholar
- 6.Nguyen, T.H., Wang, Y., Nguyen, T.N., Li, R.: A fingerprint fuzzy vault scheme using a fast chaff point generation algorithm. In: Signal Processing, Communication and Computing (ICSPCC), 2013 IEEE International Conference on, IEEE (2013) 1–6Google Scholar