Ontology Driven Complex Event Pattern Definition (Short Paper)
Complex Event processing (CEP) usually focuses on analyzing raw atomic events in order to detect composite events. Usually, a composite event is defined as the pattern actively searched by a CEP system. However, considering uncertainty in some paradigms, such as internet of things, is still an open issue. In current approaches the confidence value related to the occurrence of an event is usually not communicated to the CEP system. As a consequence, a complex event pattern doesn’t take this information into account. Nevertheless, even if static, they are useful for pattern definition and particularly for a more accurate constraint definition. We propose to manage this information through domain ontologies. In this paper we describe the architecture for the enrichment of CEP queries to enable evolutivity and flexibility in CEP systems according to event sources .
This work is supported by ITEA 3 project Water-M with the funding from DGE France.
- 1.Bhargavi, R., Pathak, R., Vaidehi, V.: Dynamic complex event processing–adaptive rule engine. In: International Conference on Recent Trends in Information Technology (ICRTIT), pp. 189–194. IEEE (2013)Google Scholar
- 4.Liu, J., Guan, X.: Complex event processing for sequence data and domain knowledge. In: International Conference on Mechanic Automation and Control Engineering (MACE), pp. 2899–2902. IEEE (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Margara, A., Cugola, G.: Processing flows of information: from data stream to complex event processing. In: Proceedings of the 5th ACM International Conference on Distributed Event-Based System. ACM (2011)Google Scholar
- 6.Schaaf, M., Grivas, S.G., Ackermann, D., Diekmann, A., Koschel, A., Astrova, I.: Semantic complex event processing. Recent Researches in Applied Information Science, pp. 38–43 (2012)Google Scholar
- 7.Taylor, K., Leidinger, L.: Ontology-driven complex event processing in heterogeneous sensor networks. In: Antoniou, G., Grobelnik, M., Simperl, E., Parsia, B., Plexousakis, D., Leenheer, P., Pan, J. (eds.) ESWC 2011. LNCS, vol. 6644, pp. 285–299. Springer, Heidelberg (2011). doi: 10.1007/978-3-642-21064-8_20 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 8.Teymourian, K., Coskun, G., Paschke, A.: Modular upper-level ontologies for semantic complex event processing. In: WoMO (2010)Google Scholar
- 9.Teymourian, K., Paschke, A.: Enabling knowledge-based complex event processing. In: Proceedings of the 2010 EDBT/ICDT Workshops, p. 37. ACM (2010)Google Scholar
- 10.Zhu, T., Bakshi, A., Prasanna, V.K., Gomadam, K.: Applying semantic web techniques to reservoir engineering: challenges and experiences from event modeling. In: Proceedings of the 2010 Seventh International Conference on Information Technology: New Generations, ITNG 2010, pp. 586–591 (2010). http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/ITNG.2010.183