Top-k Shortest Paths in Directed Labeled Multigraphs
- 587 Downloads
A top-k shortest path algorithm finds the k shortest paths of a given graph ordered by length. Interpreting graphs as RDF may lead to additional constraints, such as special loop restrictions or path patterns. Thus, traditional algorithms such as the ones by Dijkstra, Yen or Eppstein cannot be applied without further ado. We therefore implemented a solution method based on Eppstein’s algorithm which is thoroughly discussed in this paper. Using this method we were able to solve all tasks of the ESWC 2016 Top-k Shortest Path Challenge while achieving only moderate overhead compared to the original version. However, we also identified some potential for improvements. Additionally, a concept for embedding our algorithm into a SPARQL endpoint is provided.
KeywordsTop-k shortest paths Loop restrictions Eppstein’s algorithm
This work was partially funded by the BMBF project Multimedia Opinion Mining (MOM: 01WI15002).
- 3.Gubichev, A., Neumann, T.: Path query processing on very large RDF graphs. In: WebDB. Citeseer (2011)Google Scholar
- 4.Guo, Y., Pan, Z., Heflin, J.: LUBM: a benchmark for owl knowledge base systems. Web Semant. Sci. Serv. Agents World Wide Web 3(2) (2005)Google Scholar
- 7.Lehmann, J., Schüppel, J., Auer, S.: Discovering unknown connections-the dbpedia relationship finder. In: CSSW, vol. 113, pp. 99–110 (2007)Google Scholar
- 8.Losemann, K., Martens, W.: The complexity of evaluating path expressions in SPARQL. In: Proceedings of the 31st Symposium on Principles of Database Systems, pp. 101–112. ACM (2012)Google Scholar
- 9.Morsey, M., Lehmann, J., Auer, S., Ngonga Ngomo, A.-C.: DBpedia SPARQL benchmark – performance assessment with real queries on real data. In: Aroyo, L., Welty, C., Alani, H., Taylor, J., Bernstein, A., Kagal, L., Noy, N., Blomqvist, E. (eds.) ISWC 2011, Part I. LNCS, vol. 7031, pp. 454–469. Springer, Heidelberg (2011)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 10.Morsey, M., Lehmann, J., Auer, S., Ngonga Ngomo, A.-C.: Usage-centric benchmarking of RDF triple stores. In: Proceedings of the 26th AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI 2012) (2012)Google Scholar