Integration of Inertial Sensor Data into Control of the Mobile Platform
The paper presents the designed algorithm, which is able to integrate of inertial sensor data into control algorithm. Autonomous operation of the mobile system requires reliable measurement of its position. Sources of such data are various; most commonly used is global satellite navigational system. However, this technique can be used only outdoors. For navigation inside building, under metal roof or underground only inertial or contact methods are available. This article analyzes possibilities of deployment of the inertial navigation in the control of the wheeled mobile platform. Experimental platform uses inertial measurement unit x-IMU manufactured by x-IO Technologies. According to our experiments inertial navigation can be reliably used only in fusion with other absolute sensors (odometers, magnetometers).
KeywordsLocal Coordinate System Mobile Platform Inertial Navigation System Global Coordinate System Forward Speed
The contribution is sponsored by VEGA MŠ SR No 1/0367/15 prepared project “Research and development of a new autonomous system for checking a trajectory of a robot”.
- 1.Feng, S., Murray-Smith, R.: Fusing Kinect sensor and inertial sensors with multi-rate Kalman filter. In: IET Conference on Data Fusion & Target Tracking 2014: Algorithms and Applications (DF&TT 2014), pp. 1–8, 30 April 2014. doi: 10.1049/cp.2014.0527
- 2.Pinney, C., Hawes, M.A., Blackburn, J.: A cost-effective inertial motion sensor for short-duration autonomous navigation. In: Position Location and Navigation Symposium, pp. 591–597. IEEE, 11–15 April 1994. doi: 10.1109/PLANS.1994.303402
- 3.Sampaio, S., Massatoshi Furukawa, C., Maruyama, N.: Sensor fusion with low-grade inertial sensors and odometer to estimate geodetic coordinates in environments without GPS signal. IEEE Lat. Am. Trans. (Revista IEEE America Latina) 11(4), 1015–1021 (2013). doi: 10.1109/TLA.2013.6601744 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 4.Qasem, H., Gorgis, O., Reindl, L.: Design and calibration of an inertial sensor system for precise vehicle navigation. In: 2008 5th Workshop on Positioning, Navigation and Communication, WPNC 2008, pp. 229–231, 27 March 2008. doi: 10.1109/WPNC.2008.4510379
- 5.Benser, E.T.: Trends in inertial sensors and applications. In: 2015 IEEE International Symposium on Inertial Sensors and Systems (ISISS), pp. 1–4, 23–26 March 2015. doi: 10.1109/ISISS.2015.7102358
- 6.Šimák, V., Končelík, V., Hrbček, J., Folvarčík, J.: Realization and a real testing of the road–fee system. In: Proceedings of the 33rd International Conference on Telecommunications and Signal Processing, TSP 2010, Baden near Vienna, Austria, 17–20 August 2010. ISBN 978- 963-88981-0-4Google Scholar