Stability Analysis of a MAP/M/s Cluster Model by Matrix-Analytic Method
In this paper, we study the stability conditions of the multiserver system in which each customer requires a random number of servers simultaneously and a random service time, identical at all occupied servers. We call it cluster model since it describes the dynamics of the modern multicore high performance clusters (HPC). Stability criterion of an M/M/s cluster model has been proved by the authors earlier. In this work we, again using the matrix-analytic approach, prove that the stability criterion of a more general MAP/M/s cluster model (with Markov Arrival Process) has the same form as for M/M/s system. We verify by simulation that this criterion (in an appropriate form) allows to delimit stability region of a MAP/PH/s cluster model with phase-type (PH) service time distribution. Finally, we discuss asymptotic results related to accelerated stability verification, as well as to the new method of accelerated regenerative estimation of the performance metrics.
KeywordsStability condition High performance cluster Map arrivals Simultaneous service multiserver system
This research is partially supported by Russian Foundation for Basic Research, grants 15-07-02341, 15-07-02354, 15-07-02360, 15-29-07974, 16-07-00622 and the Program of Strategic Development of Petrozavodsk State University. The authors thank Udo Krieger for a few useful comments.
- 9.Kim, S.S.: M/M/s queueing system where customers demand multiple server use. Ph.D. thesis, Southern Methodist University (1979)Google Scholar
- 14.R Foundation for Statistical Computing. Vienna, Austria. ISBN: 3-900051-07-0. http://www.r-project.org/
- 15.Rumyantsev, A.: hpcwld: High Performance Cluster Models Based on Kiefer-Wolfowitz Recursion. http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/hpcwld/index.html
- 16.Rumyantsev, A., Morozov, E.: Accelerated verification of stability of simultaneous service multiserver systems. In: 2015 7th International Congress on Ultra Modern Telecommunications and Control Systems and Workshops (ICUMT), pp. 239–242. IEEE (2015)Google Scholar
- 17.Rumyantsev, A., Morozov, E.: Stability criterion of a multiserver model with simultaneous service. Ann. Oper. Res., 1–11 (2015). doi: 10.1007/s10479-015-1917-2
- 22.Wagner, D., Naumov, V., Krieger, U.R.: Analysis of a multi-server delay-loss system with a general Markovian arrival process. Techn. Hochschule, FB 20, Inst. für Theoretische Informatik, Darmstadt (1994)Google Scholar