Enhancing Image Forgery Detection Using 2-D Cross Products
The availability of sophisticated, easy-to-use image editing tools means that the authenticity of digital images can no longer be guaranteed. This chapter proposes a new method for enhancing image forgery detection by combining two detection techniques using a 2-dimensional cross product. Compared with traditional approaches, the method yields better detection results in which the tampered regions are clearly identified. Another advantage is that the method can be applied to enhance a variety of detection algorithms. The method was tested on the CASIA TIDE v2.0 public dataset of color images and the results compared against those obtained using the re-interpolation, JPEG noise quantization and noise estimation techniques. The experimental results indicate that the proposed method is efficient and has superior detection characteristics.
KeywordsImage tampering Forgery detection Cross product
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Chinese Academy of Sciences Institute of Automation (CAS- IA), CASIA v2.0, Beijing, China (2016). forensics.idealtest.org/casiav2
- 5.Gallagher, A.: Detection of linear and cubic interpolation in JPEG compressed images. In: Proceedings of the Second Canadian Conference on Computer and Robot Vision, pp. 65–72 (2005)Google Scholar
- 7.Kaur, M., Jyoti: Image tamper detection using non alignment of JPEG grids. International Journal of Emerging Technologies in Computational and Applied Sciences 6(4), 331–333 (2013)Google Scholar
- 9.Mahdian, B., Saic, S.: A bibliography on blind methods for identifying image forgery. Signal Processing: Image Communication 25(6), 389–399 (2010)Google Scholar
- 10.Pan, X., Zhang, X., Lyu, S.: Exposing image forgery with blind noise estimation. In: Proceedings of the Thirteenth ACM Workshop on Multimedia and Security, pp. 15–20 (2011)Google Scholar
- 12.Talmale, G., Jasutkar, R.: Analysis of different techniques of image forgery detection. IJCA Proceedings on National Conference on Recent Trends in Computing 2012(3), 13–18 (2012)Google Scholar
- 13.Yun, Y., Lee, J., Jung, D., Har, D., Choi, J.: Detection of digital forgeries using an image interpolation from digital images. In: Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Consumer Electronics (2008)Google Scholar
- 14.Zhang, Z., Zhou, Y., Kang, J., Ren, Y.: Study of image splicing detection. In: Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference on Intelligent Computing, pp. 1103–1110 (2008)Google Scholar