Assessing Context for Extraction of Near Synonyms from Product Reviews in Spanish
This paper reports ongoing research on near synonym extraction. The aim of our work is to identify the near synonyms of multiword terms related to an electro domestic product domain. The state of the art approaches for identification of single word synonyms are based on distributional methods. We analyzed for this method different sizes and types of contexts, from a collection of Spanish reviews and from the Web. We present some results and discuss the relations found.
KeywordsSemantic similarity Product reviews Vector space model Context
The second author recognizes the support of the Instituto Politécnico Nacional, grants SIP-20161958 and SIP-20162064.
- 4.Schütze, H.: Dimensions of meaning. In: Proceedings of the ACM/IEEE Conference on Supercomputing, pp. 787–796. IEEE Computer Society Press (1992)Google Scholar
- 5.Schütze, H.: Automatic word sense discrimination. Comput. Linguist. 24(1), 97–123 (1998)Google Scholar
- 6.Galicia-Haro, S.N., Gelbukh, A.: Extraction of semantic relations from opinion reviews in Spanish. In: Gelbukh, A., Espinoza, F.C., Galicia-Haro, S.N. (eds.) MICAI 2014, Part I. LNCS, vol. 8856, pp. 175–190. Springer, Heidelberg (2014)Google Scholar
- 7.Padró, L., Stanilovsky, E.: Freeling 3.0: towards wider multilinguality. In: Proceedings of the Language Resources and Evaluation Conference, LREC 2012. ELRA (2012)Google Scholar
- 8.Sahlgren, M.: The word-space model: using distributional analysis to represent syntagmatic and paradigmatic relations between words in high-dimensional vector spaces. Ph.D. thesis, Department of Linguistics, Stockholm University (2006)Google Scholar
- 9.Gelbukh, A.F., Bolshakov, I.A.: Internet, a true friend of translator: the Google wildcard operator. Int. J. Trans. 18(1–2), 41–48 (2006)Google Scholar
- 10.Ferret, O.: Testing semantic similarity measures for extracting synonyms from a corpus. In: Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation, LREC 2010, pp. 3338–3343 (2010)Google Scholar
- 11.Hazem, A., Daille, B.: Semi-compositional method for synonym extraction of multi word terms. In: Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation, LREC 2014, pp. 1202–1207 (2014)Google Scholar
- 13.McInnes, B.T.: Extending the log-likelihood measure to improve collocation identification. Master thesis, University of Minnesota (2004)Google Scholar
- 15.Rosner, M., Sultana, K.: Automatic methods for the extension of a bilingual dictionary using comparable corpora. In: Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation, LREC 2014, pp. 3790–3797 (2014)Google Scholar