The Variable Neighborhood Search (VNS) metaheuristic was invented by Nenad Mladnović and Pierre Hansen and developped at GERAD (Group for Research in Decision Analysis, Montral) since 1997.
KeywordsLocal Search Local Optimum Travel Salesman Problem Current Solution Variable Neighborhood
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- 2.Caporossi, G., Hansen, P.: Variable neighborhood search for extremal graphs. 1. The AutoGraphiX system. Discrete Mathematics 212(1–2), 29–44 (2000)Google Scholar
- 3.Caporossi, G., Hansen, P.: A learning optimization algorithm in graph theory—versatile search for extremal graphs using a learning algorithm. In: LION’12, pp. 16–30 (2012)Google Scholar
- 5.Gross, J., Yellen, J., Zhang, P.: Handbook of Graph Theory, 2nd edition. Chapman and Hall/CRC (2013)Google Scholar
- 7.Hansen, P., Mladenović, N.: State-of-the-Art Handbook of Metaheuristics, chapter Developments of Variable Neighborhood Search. Kluwer, Dordrecht (2001)Google Scholar
- 8.Hansen, P., Mladenović, N.: Variable neighborhood search: Principles and applications. European Journal of Operational Research 130, 449–467 (2001)Google Scholar
- 10.Hansen, P., Mladenović, N., Perez, J.A.M.: Variable neighborhood search: Methods and applications. 4OR 6(4), 319–360 (2008)Google Scholar
- 11.Hansen, P., Mladenović, N., Brimberg, J., Perez, J.A.M.: Handbook of Metaheuristics, chapter Variable neighborhood search, pp. 61–86. Kluwer (2010)Google Scholar
- 12.MacQueen, J.: Some methods for classification and analysis of multivariate observations. In: 5th Berkeley Symposium on Mathematics Statistics and Probability, pp. 281–297 (1967)Google Scholar
- 13.Mladenović, N., Hansen, P.: Variable neighborhood search. Computers and Operations Research 24, 1097–1100 (1997)Google Scholar
- 14.Mladenović, N., Dražić, M., Kovačević-Vujčić, V., Čangalović, M.: General variable neighborhood search for the continuous optimization. European Journal of Operational Research 191, 753–770 (2008)Google Scholar
- 15.Steinley, D.: Local optima in \(k\)-means clustering: What you don’t know may hurt you. Psychological Methods 8(3), 294–304 (2003)Google Scholar
- 16.Todeschini, R., Consonni, V.: Handbook of Molecular Descriptors. Wiley-VCH (2000)Google Scholar
© Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016