Blocking and Deadlocking Phenomena in Two-Server Tandem Configuration with Optional Feedback – Modeling and Parameter Sensitivity Investigation
Tandem queues provide good mathematical models of computer systems and networks, and their detailed examination is important for theory and applications. The study presented in this paper is based on performance analysis of a two-server computer network with blocking and deadlocking. New, practical results provided describe performance of a three-node Markovian queuing network with finite capacity buffers. The results highlight an area where measures of effectiveness, such as Quality of Service (QoS) are essential. In conclusion, a two-dimensional state graph is constructed, followed by a set of steady-state equations along with their probabilities for each of the states.
KeywordsTandem queues Feedback Deadlock Blocking probability
- 6.Gemikonakli, E., Mapp, G., Gemikonakli, O., Ever, E.: Exploring service and buffer management issues to provide integrated voice and data services in single and multi-channel wireless networks. In: 2013 IEEE 27th International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications (AINA), pp. 1056–1063. IEEE Conference Publications (2013). doi: 10.1109/AINA.2013.57
- 9.Kwiecień, J., Filipowicz, B.: Firefly algorithm in optimization of queueing systems. Bull. Pol. Acad.: Tech. 60(2), 363–368 (2012)Google Scholar
- 13.Oniszczuk, W.: Modeling of dynamical flow control procedures in closed type queuing models of a computer network with blocking. Automat. Contr. Comput. Sci. 39(4), 60–69 (2005)Google Scholar
- 14.Oniszczuk, W.: Tandem models with blocking in the computer subnetworks performance analysis. In: Saeed, K., Pejas, J., Mosdorf, R. (eds.) Biometrics, Computer Security Systems and Artificial Intelligence Applications, pp. 259–267. Springer Science+Business Media, New York (2006)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 15.Oniszczuk, W.: Blocking and deadlock factors in series linked servers with HOL priority feedback service. Pol. J. Environ. Stud. 16(5B), 145–151 (2007)Google Scholar
- 19.Oniszczuk, W.: Analysis of linked in series servers with blocking, priority feedback service and threshold policy. Int. J. Comput. Syst. Sci. Eng. 5(1), 1–8 (2009)Google Scholar
- 25.Sunitha, G.P., Kumar, S.M.D., Kumar, B.P.V.: A pre-emptive multiple queue congestion control for different traffic classes in WSN. In: 2014 International Conference on Circuits, Communication, Control and Computing, pp. 212–218. IEEE Conference Publications (2014). doi: 10.1109/CIMCA.2014.7057793
Open Access This chapter is licensed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 International License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/2.5/), which permits any noncommercial use, sharing, adaptation, distribution and reproduction in any medium or format, as long as you give appropriate credit to the original author(s) and the source, provide a link to the Creative Commons license and indicate if changes were made.
The images or other third party material in this chapter are included in the chapter's Creative Commons license, unless indicated otherwise in a credit line to the material. If material is not included in the chapter's Creative Commons license and your intended use is not permitted by statutory regulation or exceeds the permitted use, you will need to obtain permission directly from the copyright holder.