LORE, A Decision Support Tool for Location, Routing and Location-Routing Problems
LOcation Routing Exploration (LORE) is a decision support tool for addressing location, routing and location-routing problems. In this paper the LORE tool will be presented, and its main characteristics addressed. Among the main features of the tool is the ability to support a variety of problems currently being studied in the location and routing literature (due to the proposed data structure), and the graphical user interface (GUI). The data structure will be presented being provided an explanation on how it can support related problems. The GUI main goal is not only to aid the solution-finding process but also to foster greater insight into the problem(s) at hand. To that extent, the GUI, developed to fit the target user’s profile and intended tasks, is presented, namely data input and visualization features.
This work was supported by Portuguese funds through the CIDMA – Center for Research and Development in Mathematics and Applications, and the Portuguese Foundation for Science and Technology (“FCT – Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia”), within project UID/MAT/04106/2013.
- 5.Demis: Demis products: Web Map Server (2013). http://www.demis.nl/home/pages/wms/demiswms.htm
- 9.Fu, C., Wang, Y., Xu, Y., Li, Q.: The logistics network system based on the Google Maps API. In: International Conference on Logistics Systems and Intelligent Management, pp. 1486–1489 (2010)Google Scholar
- 11.Hosack, B., Hall, D., Paradice, D., Courtney, J.F.: A look toward the future: decision support systems research is alive and well. J. Assoc. Inf. Syst. 13, 315–340 (2012)Google Scholar
- 13.Lopes, R.B.: Location-routing problems of semi-obnoxious facilities: approaches and decision support. Ph.D. thesis. University of Aveiro, Portugal (2011)Google Scholar
- 18.Microsoft: Design applications for the Windows desktop (2015). https://dev.windows.com/en-us/desktop/design
- 21.Open Geospatial Consortium: Web map service (2013). http://www.opengeospatial.org/standards/wms
- 23.Rushton, A., Croucher, P., Baker, P.: The Handbook of Logistics and Distribution Management. Kogan Page, London (2014)Google Scholar
- 24.Sharp, H., Rogers, Y., Preece, J.: Interaction Design: Beyond Human-Computer Interaction. Wiley, Chichester (2007)Google Scholar
- 27.Wyke, R.A., Leupen, B., Rehman, S.: XML Programming. Microsoft Press, Redmond (2002)Google Scholar