Intelligent Measurement in Unmanned Aerial Cyber Physical Systems for Traffic Surveillance
An adaptive framework for building intelligent measurement systems has been proposed in the paper and tested on simulated traffic surveillance data. The use of the framework enables making intelligent decisions related to the presence of anomalies in the surveillance data with the help of statistical analysis, computational intelligent and machine learning. Computational intelligence can also be effectively utilised for identifying the main contributing features in detecting anomalous data points within the surveillance data. The experimental results have demonstrated that a reasonable performance is achieved in terms of inferential accuracy and data processing speed.
KeywordsIntelligent measurement Traffic surveillance Data anomalies Computational intelligence Artificial neural networks Cyber physical system
The authors would like to acknowledge the contribution of their industrial partner – Selex ES, a subsidiary of Finmeccanica Company – for providing the traffic simulation model, funding and general support for the work on this research project.
- 1.Warne, K., Prasad, G., Rezvani, S., Maguire, L.: Statistical and computational intelligence techniques for inferential model development: a comparative evaluation and a novel proposition for fusion. Elsevier: Eng. Appl. Artif. Intell. 17, 871–885 (2004). doi: 10.1016/j.engappai.2004.08.020 Google Scholar
- 2.Buyan, M.: Intelligent Instrumentation: Principles and Applications. CRC Press, Boca Raton (2010). ISBN 9781420089530Google Scholar
- 4.Sjoberg, J., et al.: Nonlinear Black-Box Modelling in System Identification: A Unified Overview. Automatica. Elsevier, Amsterdam (1995)Google Scholar
- 5.Khan, Z., Ali, A.B.M.S., Riaz, Z. (eds.): Computational Intelligence for Decision Support in Cyber-Physical Systems. Springer, Heidelberg (2014)Google Scholar
- 7.Petrovski, S., Bouchet, F., Petrovski, A.: Data-driven modelling of electromagnetic interferences in motor vehicles using intelligent system approaches. In: Proceedings of IEEE Symposium on Innovations in Intelligent Systems and Applications, INISTA 2013, Albena, Bulgaria, pp. 1–7 (2013)Google Scholar
- 12.Encog Library. http://www.heatonresearch.com/encog