Improving Robustness of Speaker Verification by Fusion of Prompted Text-Dependent and Text-Independent Operation Modalities
In this paper we present a fusion methodology for combining prompted text-dependent and text-independent speaker verification operation modalities. The fusion is performed in score level extracted from GMM-UBM single mode speaker verification engines using several machine learning algorithms for classification. In order to improve the performance we apply clustering of the score-based data before the classification stage. The experimental results indicated that the fusion of the two operation modes improves the speaker verification performance both in terms of sensitivity and specificity by approximately 2 % and 1.5 % respectively.
KeywordsSpeaker verification Fusion Machine learning
This work was partially supported by the H2020 OCTAVE Project entitled “Objective Control for TAlker VErification” funded by the EC with Grand Agreement number 647850. The authors would like to thank Dr Md Sahidullah, Dr Nicholas Evans and Dr Tomi Kinnunen for their support in this work.
- 1.Aronowitz, H., Hoory, R., Pelecanos, J., Nahamoo, D.: New developments in voice biometrics for user authentication. In: Proceedings of the Interspeech (2011)Google Scholar
- 2.Hébert, M., Sondhi, M., Huang, Y.: Text-Dependent Speaker Recognition. Book Section. In: Springer Handbook of Speech Processing, pp. 743–762 (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Safavi, S., Najafian, M., Hanani, A., Russell, M.J., Jancovic, P., Carey, M.J.: Speaker Recognition for Children’s Speech. In: Interspeech, pp. 1836–1839 (2012)Google Scholar
- 11.Campbell, W.M., Campbell, J.P., Reynolds, D.A., Jones, D.A., Leek, T.R.: Phonetic speaker recognition with support vector machines. In: Neural Information Processing Systems 16, Neural Information Processing Systems, NIPS 2003, 8–13 December 2003, Vancouver and Whistler, British Columbia, Canada (2003)Google Scholar
- 14.Campbell, J.P., Reynolds, D.A.: Corpora for the evaluation of speaker recognition systems. In: Proceedings of ICASSP 1999, vol. 2, pp. 829–832 (1999)Google Scholar
- 16.Witten, I.H., Frank, E., Hall, M.A.: Data Mining, Practical machine learning tools and techniques, 3rd edn. Morgan Kaufmann, San Francisco (2011)Google Scholar