A New Robust Control Scheme for LTV Systems Using Output Integral Discrete Synergetic Control Theory
This paper presents a new robust control strategy based on a synergetic control theory (SCT) approach for linear time varying (LTV) systems in the presence of unknown persistent disturbance. The proposed control scheme is featured by an integral type of SCT driving the system towards a macro-variable manifold based on output error. The proposed control methodology guarantees robust stability for LTV systems, affected by unmeasured bounded additive disturbances. Robust stability analysis proves that the error trajectory monotonically converges to the SCT macro-variable manifold. The effectiveness of the proposed method and the implications of the controller design on feasibility and closed-loop performance is demonstrated through an example of reactor temperature control of Continuous Stirred Tank Reactor (CSTR) plant.
Saeid Rastegar was supported by Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia (FCT) under grant SFRH/BD/89186/2012. The authors acknowledge the support of FCT project UID/EEA/00048/2013. A. Iratni was supported by the European Commission in the framework of the Erasmus Mundus—Al Idrisi II programme.
- 8.Edwards, C., Spurgeon, S.: Sliding Mode Control: Theory and Applications. CRC Press (1998)Google Scholar
- 10.Romdhane, N.M.B., Damak, T.: Higher order sliding mode control of uncertain robot manipulators. In: Azar, A.T., Zhu, Q. (eds.) Advances and Applications in Sliding Mode Control Systems, pp. 327–352. Springer, Cham, Switzerland (2015)Google Scholar
- 12.Santi, E., Monti, A., Li, D., Proddutur, K., Dougal, R.A.: Synergetic control for power electronics applications: a comparison with the sliding mode approach. J. Circ. Syst. Comput. 13(04), 737–760, Aug 2004Google Scholar
- 16.Antsaklis, P.J., Michel, A.N.: A Linear Systems Primer. Birkhäuser (2007)Google Scholar
- 20.Eun, Y., Kim, J.H., Kim, K., Cho, D.I.: Discrete-time variable structure controller with a decoupled disturbance compensator and its application to a CNC servomechanism. IEEE Trans. Control Syst. Technol. 7(4), 414–423, Jul 1999Google Scholar